“Great for Military Travel - Tampa - MacDill AFB” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #30 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Military is Everywhere
“Great for Military Travel - Tampa - MacDill AFB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

I was surprised when the military had set me up with travel orders to spend a few days at the Quorum prior to outprocessing at MacDill AFB and going to Afghanistan. It was as if I was on vacation before going on deployment. Unfortunately, I have been to no other hotels in the Tampa area to compare it to. I suppose it isn't the Ritz-Carlton, but none-the-less it appeared to be a comfortable, hidden-gem type of hotel for the casual and business traveler. However, for a military member I can't seem to think of anything better. From the moment I stepped in and showed my government travel orders the front desk thanked me for my service and set me up with an upgrade in one of the better rooms with the same government rate. The room was spacious, with a king sized and very comfortable bed and bath. The view of the surrounding Tampa area was beautiful compared to the dreary swamps of my North Carolina base. I can't remember if I was able to get onto the wireless in my room but the lobby and bar area had free wireless. The bartender was great and there were some good specials during the Rays' playoff games (25 cent wings and 50 cent drafts). The bar would seem to get packed for lunch and dinner as a few business people from the surrounding area would eat and have a few drinks, but quieted down nicely after the rush. Prices at the bar and restaurant were moderate for a higher-classed hotel and the people that were there were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was great and all you could eat for about $12 if I remember. There was a great little pool outdoors that I relaxed in, though it's no deeper than 5 feet. There was also a hot tub and little workout room. Overall, it was a great 4 days before I deployed and I recommend it not only for military travelers but for anyone. The only unfortunate thing was there is no smoking anywhere in the hotel, as I am a smoker. However, for the sake of the health of fellow patrons I don't mind walking outside, and the elevators were quick to get me down there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
bloomfield hills, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

Stayed one night prior to a cruise. Free shuttle a real plus! Airport pick-up fast. Out to dinner without any hassle and pick up quick again. There is a fee for transport to cruise ship, but worth it for the convenience. Bar good. Breakfast buffet was fine. Room was clean and quiet. Would stay here again. All staff pleasant and helpful.

• Liked — shuttle and location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

We stayed here New Year's Eve to attend the Outback Bowl the next day. What a nice hotel--beautiful lobby with marble floors, handy lounge & restaurant, gift shop (for sunblock!) open on New Year's Eve and early the next morning, too. Check in staff very friendly & helpful. We stayed on Club Level & the host in the room was so very friendly & professional. Room was very nice, though not large, but both room & bathroom were absolutely clean. Comfortable king size bed, flat screen TV, desk, & comfy stuffed chair. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Close to Westshore Shopping Mall & upscale chain restaurants. Quick drive to Rayomond James Stadium.

• Liked — Overall it was upscale, had clean rooms, & was close location to stadium.
  • Disliked — Size of rooms, perhaps, though completely on same scale as most hotels in this price range.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

Stayed in room 728 for three nights. King-sized bed, quiet side of hotel. All dealings with staff were great. V. friendly and helpful. Bar and restaurant a little slow, but people were nice. The free shuttle is a wonderful service - the only bummer is that it does not start operating until 6am, too late for early-morning flights. The room was well kept and pretty clean. The bathroom could use a little love and some touch-up painting - and a light over the shower. Good-sized flat screen TV. Room service menu adequate and v. well priced for room service. I got a cup of Starbucks coffee and a yogurt parfait one morning for less than $9. Room service is usually such a rip off, it was a nice surprise. My floor was pretty loud Saturday night - lots of doors slamming and people yelling. Also had a fire at the hotel, which put us outside from 1:30-2:30 am. As helicopters circled and fire engines blared, it would have been really nice to have hotel staff circling the building telling guests what was going on. I was also surprised that no one was making guests get away from the building. It turned out to be a small fire, luckily. The price of this hotel is very fair considering all the amenities and service. I paid average of $113/nite with AAA.

• Liked — The staff and shuttle service
  • Disliked — communication during small fire could have been better
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed at the Quorum Hotel Tampa for 6 days and 5 nights in September 2008 while attending an event in the hotel. The staff was equal to the staff at the Savoy hotel in London. The staff at all levels were extremely friendly and helpful from the housekeeping staff to the restaurant staff. The staff at the front desk could not have been more friendly and helpful from begining to end of my stay. The restaurant is small but the food is excellent. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and four fresh towels were in the room every day. I rate a hotel by the thicknees of their towels and the amount in my room. I want at least four towels, two hand towels and two face cloths, to me it is a sign of a hotel with quality. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to anyone. BT

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night so that we could attend the Tampa Bay Bucc's game.

From arriving to leaving we were happy with the staff and the accommodation.

Our room was on the 9th floor - number 911.

The room was clean and the shower was good.

We dined at the hotel and the food was lovely.

It is more of a bussiness hotel but suited us fine - the curtesy driver was brillient.

The pool need's a little finding due to going down to the gym first - it is nice and clean, just be careful of the hot tub as it is HOT - towels provided.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

My sister and me stayed here in August a few days before our cruise and really enjoyed our stay. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed lying by the beautiful pool.

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!