“Some quirks, but a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“Some quirks, but a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Conveniently located close to the airport, a major expressway (though construction does complicate access) and a couple of malls, this hotel features a friendly lobby staff and lots of meeting rooms plus a full bar and restaurant. We did not take advantage of either, though I suspect this is why it had a 3.5-star rating. The room itself was spacious and clean, and the bed was big and comfortable. But the closet was kind of small and didn't have a door but a curtain, which I found kind of strange for such a rated hotel. The vanity area separate from the bathroom also was on the small side (the bathroom itself was good sized), so I'd rate the rooms more of the two-star vintage: Nice, clean, and roomy enough but nothing really special. One morning we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door until we left for the day, probably around 10:30. Late that evening when we returned, the room had not been made up. Same used towels (no big deal since it was just us two) and the bed had not been seen to. Guess the maid forgot to come back and take care of it. It was a holiday weekend, so maybe it was short staffed. Another quirk: There was no coffee pot with the coffee maker and when I mentioned this to the desk, the clerk immediately got on the phone to have someone bring one up. That person arrived within minutes with cups and told us quite nicely that there was no carafe with the maker. You simply put the paper cup under the maker. But the small coffee maker a two-cup capacity so it would seem there should be a small carafe. Internet access was very good. One reviewer has mentioned the pizza flyers. If you want good pizza, simply head south a couple of miles or so on Westshore Blvd. and you'll get to Westshort Pizza. Excellent pizza and bargain priced.

Room Tip: Good views from rooms higher-up, probably better on the north side. An office building is across fro...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Paul B.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. While I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize for the issue you experienced with housekeeping service in your room. When a do not disturb sign is placed on the door, the housekeeper will not enter the room to clean it. If this happens during the time that the housekeeper cleans the floor and after, when they check back to see if the room is available to clean, then the service is not provided at that time.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are certainly always happy to send someone at a later time with fresh towels and anything you need to make your stay comfortable. Please never hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After a typical afternoon in rush hour traffic we arrived at the Tampa Westshore Holiday Inn to check into a room for the night on route to a college graduation in Minnesota the following morning. We had no particular reason to choose this property it was "just another hotel" convenient to Tampa Airport. Upon entering the lobby we were greeted by a unusually warm, friendly and helpful staff. What might have been "just another night in a hotel" was changed when we met Mr. Adam Perry who went out of his way to make us feel welcome and comfortable and truly made us feel special. His kind words and delightful personality managed to remove the anxiety and frustrations that sometimes seem common when traveling. Most certainly he has what it takes to make a remarkable difference in this competitive industry. On future occasions into or thru the Tampa area we will remember and once again stay with these fine folks.

Thanks Mr. Perry John and Barbara Chaplin #508
Homosassa, FL

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello John C,

Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you received such fantastic feedback from Adam. I will certainly share your kind comments with him and recognize him for his great service!

We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Tampa!
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I received this hotel via a bid on Priceline. I typically book via the specific hotel's web site, but decided to give Expedia a try and got the hotel for $130.00, a few dollars less than they were posting. Parts of the hotel had recently been romodeled including the room, which was comfortable and visually appealing for the most part. The beds were espeially comfortable. I also found the front office staff to be very friendly. The first that thing I noticed upon entering the room was a musty smell. Being an older hotel, I concluded that this had liekly been a smoking room in the past. Secondly, I noticed pizza delivery flyers under my door. Having worked in he hotels for several years, these are usually associated with scams and people that deliver these handbills are typically prohibited and trespassed from properties. While I realize the people that distribute these cannot always be stopped, I feel no effort was made to stop them and that says a great deal about that hotel's securit. I left my room on two separate occasions and saw them each time I returned. The toilet in my room kept running. I reported this to the front desk on my way out and it appeared to have been fixed when I returned. I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and realized the toiled would not flush. It appears that their resolution was shutting off the waer valve. I turned the valve back on and was able to flush the toilet. What turned me off the most was the restaurant/bar staff. I decided to have a late dinner around 9:30 PM and the bar was full and quite busy. I sat at one of the outlying tables and after twenty minutes was not served. I left. I think this hotel has their work cut out for them. Having worked for an IHG corporate managed Holiday Inn in the past, I feel that this property fell short of meeting their standards.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Hello SMS767,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I know that our corporate office has already corresponded with you regarding the issues you experienced during your stay. However, I wanted to personally extend an apology to you for these issues.

It is so helpful for you to bring the issues of the musty smell and the running toilet to our attention, as it allows us to go in and correct the issues immediately. Regarding the pizza flyers, this is an issue that we are working with our local police department to combat. I apologize for any nuisance it caused you and assure you that our security team has been alerted of the issue.

We strive for a comfortable and satisfying experience for every guest, and I apologize that we did not achieve this during your stay. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I normally stay at Courtyards, but none were convenient to my meeting location. Front desk was pleasant and helpful. Room was average, though I liked the above average firmness if the bed. Not sure if it was my upper floor room, but wi fi reception was terrible and I had to use my phone as a hotspot. Water pressure and temp were good. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but free M&Ms in the lobby!! Free! Also, free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed December 2014
Hello ZandE-Dad,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the many amenities that we provide. However, I apologize for the issue you experienced with the WiFi signal in your guestroom.

We are looking into the issue you mentioned to ensure that all rooms are receiving a strong signal. Thank you for alerting us to this issue.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the best Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at! Not only is the facility spotless and beautiful, but the employees are also, especially Daniel Alvarez, who was especially gentle and kind to me when I was very "under the weather", even offering to drive us to the airport in his own car because I was hardly able to get into the shuttle. ALSO, The BEST and MOST Comfortable Bed Ever! The linens were so crisp and wonderful and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Honestly the BEST ever!

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the lovely Holiday Inn Tampa for one night before cruising from the Port of Tampa.
The King Sized Bed room was Beautiful, Clean and Spacious. High end decor and Furnishings.
Fridge in room.
We parked our car overnight in the parking garage on the second floor and felt totally safe.
The staff was wonderful. We had a charge come to our room the next morning for watching a movie- which we didn't watch- and they were gracious to quickly remove the charge.
Free WIFI :)
No complimentary breakfast but as we were going on a cruise after leaving the hotel, we didn't mind.
There was a church convention happening in the conference rooms. Lovely music which was only heard in the back hallways as we entered. Lots of people there but no distractions or disturbances. Had a very peaceful stay!

We didn't use their shuttle service so we are not sure what they offer.
We parked our car at the Cruise terminal.

Would totally recommend this high end hotel. Booked through Priceline. Satisfied.

Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently stayed at The Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore over Thanksgiving. It has been newly renovated and the lobby was stunning. The decor for the holidays was beautiful! The front desk staff were very friendly and attentive! Check in was a breeze. Our room (2 double beds) was on the 5th floor and like most hotels, the walls are paper thin, however, we weren't inconvenienced by the occassional noise from around us! The beds were comfortable and the room itself was spacious with a nice tv, fridge and plenty of space. The bathroom was great. I love how the toilet/shower area was separate from the vanity area so one could get ready while the other showered. We did have a problem with the drain in our shower being clogged but I told the front desk on our way out that morning and by the time we returned that afternoon it was fixed. I even heard the lady at the front calling maintenance about it as we were leaving. My kids LOVED the M&M station and felt the need to help themselves every chance they got. GREAT PERK for the kids! We didn't use the restaurant or the bar or the snacks except to get some coffee which was fabulous. The food seemed pricey but that is to be expected at any hotel and wasn't anymore expensive than any other comparible hotel. The bar area had numerous tvs with the news and games on them which was nice and the people there seemed to be enjoying themselves. All in all this was a fantastic hotel and we enjoyed our 3 night stay while visiting family for the holidays. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to FL to see family!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!