“Don't stay here if you like sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Don't stay here if you like sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is under major renovations, and I was woken up this morning by incredibly loud drilling in the room above me. I wish I could post a video so every could see how loud it is. The drilling has been non stop this morning. I wish I could post a video to share just how loud it is. I called the front desk, and the manager said there was nothing she could do about it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Tony C,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disruptive issues you experienced with the construction noise during your stay. We have worked diligently to ensure that our guests are assigned rooms on floors far away from the floors experiencing construction. However, we clearly did not achieve this during your stay. This is unacceptable and I truly apologize that you experienced such disruption. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you. We would like to show you the fantastic hospitality that we strive to achieve for every guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've traveled to at least 20 different cities this year alone (and 100+ in the past few years) and have never experienced this in my life, especially for a hotel at this rating level.

I barely got into my room and settled down after a 3-day tour and a 1-inch roach starts running around my bed. A smaller one went under the sheet as I killed the big roach on the lamp next to the bed. I call front desk immediately and I get an attitude that nobody is going to come see it (when I asked if they want to come see the damn roach), but that they would move me to another room.

I told them I want somewhere cleaner and nicer and they moved me down the hall a few rooms, on the same floor I had just found a roach on. I told her I want something cleaner and she said, with her beautiful attitude (not sure why she was hired in the first place to deal with customers, bad business decision): "Aint nothin' I can do about that."

I call front desk again and ask the rep why on earth I'm still on the same floor where roaches are running around, to which she responds, "Sir we moved you to another room, isn't that enough?"

Do you expect me to NOT BE MOVED to another room?! There are damn roaches in there. This is supposed to be a nice hotel, not a crappy motel. At least show the customer how appalled you are, both agents seemed indifferent and unsurprised that I had just found roaches in my room. If anything, I was given an attitude for finding roaches in my room. As in, please shut up sir, don't complain.

I come to Florida often and this is the first and last time I come to Holiday Inn Westshore until they get their act together or show some willingness to work with their customers. I wasn't asking for a VIP suite or complimentary services (which I would no doubt offer a customer after finding roaches at 2am in their bed), but at the very least don't give me the same floor and an attitude. Hire people who know how to deal with these situations or train your employees better.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Holiday Inn. Find a cleaner hotel even if you have to upgrade to 4 or 5 stars, som...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Sully S,

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issue you experienced during your stay. Not only is your experience not the norm at our property in terms of the issue in your room, but the service you received was absolutely unacceptable and not indicative of the usual service that we provide here. I am sure that the experience was very unsettling for you and our staff certainly should have assisted you in any way that they could.

Please know that we have already addressed your specific comments with the staff. Also, we have already had your guestroom and each of the surrounding rooms inspected and treated, as we take great care in ensuring that all of our rooms are pest free. Again, I apologize for this issue and any inconvenience you were caused due to the experience.

I understand, from speaking with our Front Desk management team, that our supervisor has assisted you with a return reservation to experience the superior stay that you should have had from the start. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
ayrshire scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night after a long haul flight. Check in was smooth. We were on the ninth floor and it was so quite, we had an excellent sleep, beds were so comfortable . Room was very good and had all we needed. Shower was excellent and lots of power. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed two nights in this Holiday Inn. The first day was for business. The second night was to see sights in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Service performed by Samira was exceptional! We will be back!

Room Tip: We liked the top floor for the view!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Holiday Inn Westshore is a disappointment .
We had our room changed 3 times due to the strong odor of mold . No hot water . Hotel phones in the rooms did not work . The air conditioner flow of air blew across the windows and was not felt in the room . Sad for the month of August when the temps exceed over 90 degrees! The food service was quick but expensive . My microwaved pancakes for breakfast were rubbery and gross . The construction outside in the court room eating area was loud and unsanitary due to the dirt dust that lingered in the air was blown by the outside fans onto your food . Gross! Holiday Inn Westshore for a 100.00 a night charge of stay is ridiculous! This place is a health hazard for anyone who has asthma or breathing issues . Beware when booking here !

• Stayed August 2014
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello LGS77,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our property. I apologize that you were so dissatisfied with your stay due to the construction taking place. We certainly wish we could have greatly improved your experience with us and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. We will certainly work to make this right moving forward and again, we appreciate your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was a great hotel! They have a restaurant downstairs (Blue Water Grill), which is really convenient when you don't feel like moving. This hotel is very convenient to a lot of attractions. I got to Clearwater Beach in 20 minutes. The pool is also awesome! The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars was because of the construction being done on the property. It was on the 8th floor (I was on the 6th) and it was soo loud. But the guy at the front desk told me they only drill on Monday. The staff was very apologetic about it and gave me coupons and free breakfast vouchers. Besides the construction, this hotel was a gorgeous (and at an affordable rate).

Room Tip: Choose a room on a bottom floor, because the construction is on the higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused due to the construction occurring at our property. We have worked closely with our construction team to minimize the noise and schedule it later in the afternoon to best accommodate our guests. However, we will continue to monitor it closely and ensure a pleasant stay for every guest.

We hope to see you again during your next visit to Tampa!
Linden, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We looked for a hotel that was convenient to all the places and attractions we wanted to see.
This place has a GREAT location. Rented a car and was able to get just about anywhere quickly-the highways are nearby. There was plenty of good places to eat all around the hotel-not to mention the restaurant and bar right downstairs We had all our breakfasts right there... The rooms come with a refrigerator - but you have to ask for a microwave- no problem. The people there were great - from keeping the rooms clean to the front desk. Now - here's the thing. They are updating the rooms on certain floors. Did this bother us? Not really, we were out most of the time and our room was large and clean (if a little outdated). I think before you book you have to decide if the drill and hammers will bother you. To me, the way I'm treated means more than a little noise.

Room Tip: Find out which floors are being updated and try to stay away from them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore. I am so excited to hear how pleased you were with your stay and that all of our amenities and features were perfect for your traveling needs. Also, we greatly appreciate your understanding regarding the construction. We are working diligently to ensure that our guests are still experiencing comfortable, relaxing stays at our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!