“Very good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I travel a lot for business. Travel budgets have gotten tighter and tighter. This hotel is a great value, clean, and exceptional customer service from everyone I have interacted with. I have stayed here many times when it was a Wyndham. The name has changed to Quorum, but the same professional staff is still here. If you decide to stay, please look up Adam Perry. If I ran a hotel, I'd want him on my staff. People who take pride in delivering great customer service a priority always stand out.

Beds are comfy and rooms spacious. Wireless has always worked when I've stayed. Restaurant and bar on site, which are welcome after a long day. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed our value, cleanliness, comfortable guestrooms, convenient Wi-Fi access, delicious restaurant, and the fantastic service provided by our staff. I will certainly share your high accolades with Adam and recognize him for his superior service. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for returning to our hotel each time you are in Tampa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

First of all I want it to be known I have never reviewed anything before, but I felt compelled to do so because of the superior customer service and hospitality afforded both myself and my "significant other" by the staff at Quorum, especially Sarah, the manager on duty at the front desk. I had made my reservations through a third party whom forgot to fax confirmation to the hotel. Sarah treated us with a great amount of patience and even went out of her way to help fix a problem she did not create. Besides the great experience at the front desk we found the evening happy hours they had for the guests were awesome. The rooms are nicely kept and well furnished. I will recommend them to anyone and everyone going to Tampa. One more aspect I found to be real nice was the easy proximity the location is to everywhere. Close to the airport, downtown, beaches and highway systems it was easy to get where I wanted to go!! Bravo! Jim & Sherri from Denver

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am excited that you took the time to review our hotel, and that you did so because you had such a great experience! That is exactly what we strive for here at the Quorum Tampa Westshore. Please know that I will share your comments with Sarah and recognize her efforts and her fantastic service. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here before our cruise and it was a great experience. We went on a cruise and came back to this same hotel. When we arrived, we were like "yea, we're home!. It was warm and welcoming and people remembered us and made a point of asking if our cruise was good. The staff is amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home with us here at the Quorum Tampa Westshore. I trust that your cruise was equally enjoyable and hope that you will stay with us again for the next one!
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Out of this world customer service during the stay and after. The GM even sent the pillows from the room because I suggested my wife raved about them (in time for Christmas). Thanks Pam and staff for your care and fantastic customer service!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased that you received such fantastic service from our staff during your stay. And of course, it was my pleasure to assist you by sending the pillows for your wife. I hope that you enjoyed a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to Tampa!
caribbean
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

this hotel has a good location, close to downtown and in a good area, our room was not so great, it smelled a bit bad, added to the fact that this hotel is way too much pet friendly and it was loaded with dogs of all sizes, I dont mind people traveling with pets, but the hotel should take into consideration if some guests are allergic to cats or dogs, and also, I think it will be a good idea if one specific floor is destined to people traveling with pets, that way they understand each other and are therefore more tolerant towards pets smell and noises, also to limit the number of pets allowed in the hotel at a time, we couldnt sleep well because we had dogs barking in front of our room and next to it too, breakfast was awful, too greasy and barely no healthy options other than yogurt, the bed was a bit too hard, pillows were overly used and therefore uncomfortable, staff was nice at least,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. While I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and the fantastic service provided by our staff, I would like to extend an apology for the issues that you experienced with the pet room assignment, comfort of the bed in your guestroom, and the quality of the breakfast buffet. We actually do have a designated pet floor, so I will certainly look into why you experienced pets elsewhere during your stay. Also, please know that I will address your comments regarding the pillows and bedding, as well as the breakfast buffet, with our Housekeeping and restaurant staff respectively to immediately look into and correct. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I Tavel a lot with my job and I have to say Adam has provided excellent customer service. He has managed to make my stay feel like I am home,. Adam strives to make you feel like you are friends
Thank you Adam for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you experienced the fantastic service that Adam provides. I will certainly share your kind comments with him and recognize him for his excellent service. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

And reasons why you should stay elsewhere. In chronological order, check in took over 1 1/2 hours. This is after having made reservations months in advance, we were told when we got there that they lost our reservation. They blamed it on a new system, but to lose a reservation of 5 rooms! They finally found one room and the first person went to the room. It was a mess. Not clean at all. This was at 4:00 PM. The next room was available and person #2 went to the room, which was already occupied. How awkward to walk in on someone. Shame on the hotel for keying in the room for another guest! Finally, after 1 1/2 hours, we had the rooms, not near each other, but rooms nonetheless. The phone in my room did not work and the room clearly needed repairs. Day 1, I came back to my room and housekeeping had been there, emptied the garbage and replenished shampoo etc but the beds were far from being made. Evening 2, middle of the night there was a fire in the building and we had to evacuate. This was not the fault of the hotel, however the aftermath was a result of them not being prepared, and not caring! When the all clear was given, after waiting in the cold and rain, I waited as droves of people went up in the elevator. I waited for the crowd to clear a bit. With the emergency and no elevators to use, I had walked down the 9 flights but thought I would take the elevator up. By the time I got to the elevator, they did not work. I was told they needed to be reset and it would not take long. After 30 minutes, I walked back up 9 flights. Happy to be back to my room, I put the key in to find it did not work! I could not get in to the room!!! Luckily, someone was leaving to check out and I asked if I could use their phone. Unfortunately, no one answered at the front desk. So, I had to walk down 9 flights of stairs again. Got downstairs and told them my key did not work. They did give me another key, but no apology, no remorse or no empathy for what just happened. And you know what comes next. Yes, walking up 9 flights of stairs again. Running late, I had to eat breakfast in their restaurant. Worst breakfast buffet ever...runny cold eggs, stale biscuits and bagels really not worth 10.95. I asked for a small glass of orange juice and I was told it was extra. Really! After walking up and down several times the least I could get is a small glass of OJ! Service was awful. So, I left what I had taken to eat, paid and walked away hungry. My suggestion is just stay elsewhere. There are plenty of choices in that area. We stayed at the an Embassy Suites across the street a couple of months ago and it was great. Great staff, great service and great free breakfast. They were booked this trip if you were wondering why we did not just stay there again. In any event, all of this would have been tolerable if they would have just had a staff that cared, or showed a little respect for the guests or pride in their job. Maybe some sensitivity training is in order.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the numerous issues that you encountered during your stay. Please know that these issues are inexcusable and I will certainly work, first and foremost, with our staff to ensure that the issues are remedied immediately. While we were transitioning between reservation systems at the time, you as our guest should not have been impacted by it and I apologize for the issues that you experienced in both checking in and receiving a properly assigned room. Also, please know that I have addressed your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and service with our restaurant staff to immediately correct. I have also shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of your guestroom and the working order of the telephone with our Housekeeping and Engineering departments respectively to look into and correct. We will certainly use your feedback as a basis for additional training with our staff and I again apologize for your experience. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I assure you that this experience is not indicative of the level of service that we strive to provide to each and every guest.

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!