“Loved the m&ms! Nice splurge! Wish breakfast came with the room, though.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Burlington VT
“Loved the m&ms! Nice splurge! Wish breakfast came with the room, though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

They got our attention with the m&ms and fruit water! This was a splurge for us on a trip with friends. We got the executive suite which is huge and comfortable. There was no pull out couch, as we had thought, but the staff was very accommodating and brought us a rollaway bed for our third person. The executive suite has a full kitchen, and would be great for a longer stay for a family or business trip. The amenities were really excellent - well appointed rooms, comfortable furniture. Lovely and clean. Would love to come again, but a bit pricey. Often hotels offer some food item in the lobby; like coffee or apples. In this case, m&ms. Not good for us, but we enjoyed them. Didn't try the breakfast because of its price. Enjoyed the hotel, but at the price for the suite plus the cost of breakfast out it has to remain an occasional splurge, not our home away from home in Tampa. Agree with prior reviewer that it is a borderline 5.

Room Tip: Executive suite is lovely and you pay for it; expect $200 to $250. Regular rooms are more economica...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

867 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Decent place to stay if all you are looking for is a place to put your head. Not that great. I did notice that airline employees stay here (stewardesses and pilots). My room was fine. Free wireless is nice. I would call this your run of the mill business hotel at a very nice, central location in Tampa. Nothing exceptional to make me give it a 4-star or 5-star, like a would a resort, or a Ritz/4 Seasons type of place. This is nice. Dated a bit, but clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, clean rooms and complimentary WiFi! However, I wish that we could have exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again!
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a relaxing get away for my Birthday. There was nothing relaxing about it. Internet did not work unless you open the door first to connect. (I figured this out after the 3rd call to the front desk) The room had potatoe chips on the floor, therefore it had not been cleaned. The staff offered to move me to the 11th floor, I guess this suppose to be a upgrade, only to come back and tell me there was construction going on on that floor so they just moved me to another room. In this room I was bitten by something and I am still nursing the bite. This is not what I expected from a Wyndham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the cleanliness of your first room assignment and in connecting to our internet service. Please know that I have addressed your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding the bite that you have mentioned, please know that we take such claims very seriously and will promptly arrange for a full inspection of your second room assignment. If you could provide us with some additional information, that would be very helpful. Again, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues that you encountered.
Ellijay, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great location near airport and in between 2 major shopping malls and plenty of fine dining options nearby. the hotel is well kept and attractive, lobby areas and all open areas as well. Pool area is very nice. Rooms were well appointed albeit a bit small. The bedding was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large and had nice toiletries. My only complaints would be an antiquated shower wand (no shower head, just a removable wand), and an older phone system which had alot of static. Nice touch was the coffee service in the room was Wolfgang Puck coffee. Restaurant food was delicious. All the staff from the courtesy driver, front desk staff, wait staff, and housekeeping were exceptional and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your candid comments regarding the shower head and telephone in your guestroom. We will certainly keep your comments in mind during future improvements to the property. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Tampa.

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!