“Wish I could have stayed longer!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Wish I could have stayed longer!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a local that just needed a place to stay for one night while my place was being worked on. A couple of my good friends new some of the staff at this hotel and recommended that I give it a try. Not having much experience staying at hotels at all, I was apprehensive because I tend to hold places like this to, what I consider, a higher standard. I was almost immediately put at ease when I walked in and was greated with smiles at the front desk by Anthony and Silvia. Check in was a breeze and then I went to my room, which was spotless by the way, housekeeping at this hotel obviousely takes pride in their work. There is a restauraunt in the hotel so I called down to place a to go order and the young gentleman that answered the phone was extremely polite and curttious in taking my order. When I went to pick up my food Jamie behind the bar was more than happy to check on the status for for me, and Courtney, who was also smiling by the way, brought me my food. It was delicious. Considering the price of the room was so inexpensive for the level of service I received, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking. It was really nice to be waited on by people who looked like they were actually happy to be at work!! Thank you Wyndham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am excited that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the memorable service provided by our staff. I will certainly share your kind comments with Anthony, Silvia, Jamee, and Courtney, and will recognize them for their fantastic service. I appreciate your high accolades and recommendation of our property. Although you live in the area, we hope to still see you again for dinner or visiting friends!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Princeton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'll begin with a positive. The staff here were very nice. The problem is the hotel is old and is showing its flaws. The bathrooms got a little bit of granite upgrade, but the rest is still the old pink tile.

This might be forgiven, except the details were overlooked -- the bathroom had splattered paint on the floor, the showerhead was an awful plastic thing that, because it was a wand with a hose, did not adjust -- in fact it would swing on it's axis and spray into into the wall -- the only way to get to get a stream of water on you was to hold the sprayer. Additionally the valve, no matter how hard I tried to turn it, would not completely shut off -- wasting water and creating an irritating dripping noise.

Worse, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom.

Room service was a disappointment -- I ordered Cherios, but instead they delivered Honey Nut Cherios -- when called, they simply said they didn't have Cherios so they sent the [sugar coated] ones -- really?

But the worst was that the boiler quit, and by the time hot water returned to the hotel, it was too late for me to get a shower.

The front desk discounted our stay, and were very apologetic and understanding, but all-in-all I will ever stay there again, nor recommend it to any one else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the shower head, cleanliness of the bathroom floor, hot water, and room service order. Please know that we will do everything in our power to address and correct each of the specific issues that you mentioned. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

- Staff have always been alerted to help in a professional manner
- The hotel has a distinguished location in Tampa
- I liked the room as well as the style of the furniture
- I liked Wyndham the best but not the least, although I will be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Underhill, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This beautiful hotel did so much to make our stay easy.... traveling can be stressful, there are so many details. They made getting to and from the airport at odd hours possible. When we lost the address of our restaurant where we had reservations, they figured it out. The complimentary drink and snack late afternoon are a welcome touch.
Thank You Wyndham People !
The pool water was freezing! I've never done my laps so fast ! The hot tub was of course all the sweeter.

Room Tip: the 11th floor had a "club room" with free snacks and coffee, muffins. Maybe other floors...