“Treated like Roylity!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Treated like Roylity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham Tampa last weekend after making a last minute reservation, a weekend we will never forget. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the friendly and wonderful manager Joe Rodriguez. He checked us in, parked our car and took our luggage to our room. We were treated like very well and we felt like we had made a good choice in staying at this hotel, after getting a clean and nice room. I was on a military leave to celebrate our wedding anniversary with my wife. We never expected Joe to go above and beyond to make reservations at Season's 52, mentioned about our special celebration and after we returned from dinner, we had a beautiful plate with chocolate covered strawberries and bottles of water with a hand written card by Joe along with his business card.

The next day, we left early to Busch Gardens, a park we have never been at before. Joe was at the desk was amazingly pleasant by giving us information about the rides and shows we shout catch. After a long day, we returned to the hotel late evening and shared our first exepiernce with a very nice young lady, her name was Ashley. Thier system was down and it had been down since the power outage, but noticed that Joe was still on shift, my wife thanked him for the suggestion on the park rides. Joe is a true professional even after we heard some guy tell him that his company had sent the wrong part, so it would delay the repair process. Joe kept his professional attitude and said he would be there until it got fixed. I work with techincal data for the Army and I know how frustrating that can be.

Ashley told us that he had been at the hotel all day, something my wife and I knew after seeing him earlier morning. We don't know where he mustard up the energy, but he was in great spirits and kept providing genuine outstanding service to us and other hotel customers. We were looking for places that had a great night life, Ashley recommended and gave us directions to a few choices that we'd enjoy.
We returned to the hotel at 3:30am after having a wonderful evening, we were greeted once again by Joe and Ashley. My wife was surprised to see them after a long day. My wife noticed that Joe's eyes were very red and he voice sound tired, but he still had his charm and such a terrific outstanding customer service. I want to share this...Joe and Ashley are true assets to this hotel. Perfect and friendly service by both.

On Sunday morning, housekeeping had knocked on our door and woke us up, so we decided to check out and head home. We stopped by to the front desk before leaving and saw Joe again and thanked him very a unforgetable weekend. This weekend was very special, because Mr. Rodriguez made it special and we will certainly be back to this hotel. If you are looking to stay at friendly hotel and want to be treated like Kings and Queens, go see Mr. Rodriguez at the Wyndham Tampa. We have stayed at several of upscale or expensive hotels, let me tell you, they could use to learn a thing or two from Mr. Rodriguez's fantastic customer service. Ashley at the desk was super and the shuttle drive Pat was wonderful too. Housekeeping staff were great. We were really treated like "Roylaty"!!

• Stayed June 2012
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We appreciate your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary weekend with us and that you experienced the extraordinary service of our staff. Thank you for celebrating your special day with us. I will certainly share your very kind comments with Joe, Ashley and Pat, and recognize them for their outstanding service. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Everyone treated me like family thankyou! great front desk staff Peggy and Ella were wonderful!

• Stayed June 2012
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you received such exemplary service from our Front Desk staff. I will certainly share your kind comments with the staff and acknowledge Ella and Peggy for their fantastic service. Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay there. The facility is 3 star (rooms are average: simple and clean, lobby area looks nice, pool area is okay as well) but the SERVICE makes ALL the difference!!! We felt like queen and king for 5 days! The genuinely friendly employees, free shuttle rides within a 3 mile radius (shout out to Pat et al!), the complimentary fresh fruit infused water in the lobby area, complimentary food and drink theme nights organized by management (loved the Mediterranean night and fries night!), free M & M's (how cute!), the delicious breakfast and service at Blue Water Grill (thanks Erica!). Our King size bed was very comfy and the blackout curtains really keep the sun out! It was a wonderful experience! Next time we visit Tampa, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. It was absolutely our pleasure to serve you and your husband during your visit. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable and clean guestrooms, convenient shuttle transportation, complimentary fruit-infused water and M&M's, and our weeknight Innovative Evening events. I am especially excited that you experienced the fantastic service of our staff. I will certainly share your kind comments with Pat and Erica and acknowledge their great service. We look forward to seeing you again!
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Arrived Friday evening to no bell service or valet. Greeted by friendly staff. Room was nice but no view and had to switch rooms because there was no tv remote. Yes, it was ridiculous! On a good note the food is amazing, loved the mojo pork tacos, seasoned fries, made to order omeletes and deserts! Great staff. Pool area is great but the maze to arrive is insane. Took a while to figure out a simpler way through an unmarked lobby door. It would be a great area to have food and beverage service out there, I think the hotel is missing out. All in all enjoyed our stay and we would return.

Room Tip: Buffet is like most but menu items are superior!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff, delicious food and our relaxing pool area. I apologize for the issues that you encountered with the lack of available valet service and any difficulty that you experienced locating the pool area. We will certainly look into correcting these issues for our guests. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Booked this hotel on priceline. It was rated a 3 1/2 star, I consider it average. For the most part, the service was nice; however I was booked in a room with no wireless. Apparently, the 5th floor and lower do not have wireless. Had I been for-warned or given an option, it would not have been a problem. Only after I asked how to access the wireless network, that other guest were given, was I informed. My room was changed without hassle. The rooms were a bit dated and could benefit from renovation. Overall, the stay was nice and a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed the great service that our staff provides. Our wireless internet option is a temporary connection that we have installed to better serve our guests. We are in the process of installing Wi-Fi capability in all of our guestrooms in the coming months. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.
Clermont,Florida (West of Orlando)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I was truly surprised by the wonderful customer service the entire staff provided at the Wyndham Westshore. However, Peggy was absolutely incredible. She went above and beyond to make certain that my husband and I felt welcome and that our every little need was met. I will certainly be returning and I am thrilled to share my great experience with everyone.
I had absolutely not one bad word to say about our room and even thought the food was pretty great. I highly recommend this hotel for all travelers

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
We appreciate your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you received such memorable service from our staff, especially Peggy. I will certainly share your kind comments with her. We are excited to welcome you back to our property in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We were so impressed with the friendly staff, amenities, and overall experience!! We are on our honeymoon and have decided to come back to Tampa this fall and will 100% be staying at the Wyndham again!!

• Stayed May 2012
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. Congratulations on your marriage! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your honeymoon here with us. Thank you for making us a part of your memories! We look forward to seeing you again in the fall.

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!