“Nice hotel with shuttle to the airport and cruise terminal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

You added Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Quorum Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #29 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Ontario
“Nice hotel with shuttle to the airport and cruise terminal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We arrived at this hotel during a very busy day...some sort of football game. Our room was not ready when we arrived (noon) but they quickly accomodated us and found a nice room for us within minutes. We were very pleased with the service from Daniel Jr., a polite and genuine fella who was quick to make suggestions and provide solutions for us...and did so in a respectful and pleasant manner. We were also lucky enough to meet his dad, Daniel Sr. who shuttled us to the cruise ship terminal. He told us a remarkable story of his life, and made a significant influence in our lives. You simply need to meet these two wonderful men, both so charming and gracious. Other than the service, the hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was super; great selections of hot and fresh items. Rooms were clean and quiet and the outdoor pool and hot tub area were great! No complaints at all....thanks so much Daniels!!!

Room Tip: our room of the 7th floor was quiet and clean, no complaints.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you for your very complimentary comments regarding your recent stay. I am so pleaed that you enjoyed the fantastic service provided by Daniel Sr. and Daniel Jr. They are certainly exceptional members of our staff. I am also pleased that you found our property to be clean and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet food quality and refreshing pool area. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Wyndham, Tampa Westshore, many times for business. I stayed last week, January 5 and 6th. The staff was professional and very nice and they met every request.
I had a wonderful experience in the restaurant. One of the waitstaff, Kenny, most certainly prompted this review. He was professional, kind, offered ideas on the menu and about the manager's special for that evening. Every thing I asked for was presented quickly and with a smile. I enjoyed my dinner and most certainly appreciated the excellent customer service Kenny (Ken) provided. This hotel should be very happy that this young man is in their employ. I'm quite sure Kenny could work anywhere. Thank you Kenny. I certainly hope your management team acknowledges you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
We greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding your most recent stay and the service of our staff. Kenny certainly is an exceptional member of our restaurant staff and I am so pleased that he made your visit a fantastic one. I will certainly share your kind comments with him and make sure that he is acknowledged for his superior service. Thank you for your continued stays at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The staff was friendly, excepting the restaurant staff!! The room was clean, bed very comfortable. We ate 3 meals at this hotel, because there weren't other choices. Not once did any waiter/waitress offer to wait on us. We sat and sat and sat!! I went to the other side of the restaurant only to find staff visiting with each other, yet another time on the other side wrapping silverware. At each occurrence, there was a bar attendant present. One waiter saw us enter, walked directly past us, took off his apron and went to the restroom. When he returned, he walked past us!! My husband had to go to the bar and request service. They were very slow and non-responding. The first meal they failed to bring silverware. We always had to ask for glasses to be refilled. I did write the hotel and complained. It was the best food, but we were so rudely brushed off. We even had to ask for our bill.

I have been treated better by my enemies!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I do remember your correspondence after your stay and again sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with our restaurant staff. Such poor service is certainly unacceptable and we have addressed your specific comments with our restaurant staff to correct such issues. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to correct any issues for future guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the comfort of the bed, and the food quality in our restaurant. We will continue to work to ensure that our service exceeds your expectations, as well. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I regularly visit and have meetings at the Wyndham Westshore and have been very pleased with the experience every time. The staff is professional, personable, and genuinely interested in helping its customers. The management goes out of its way to be accommodating, the staff is genuinely interested in making you feel important and relaxed. Add to that, the convenient location and amenities and it's a great hotel... the M&M's are a real bonus, too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your visits to the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the superior service that our staff provides. I will certainly share your comments with the staff. We strive to exceed the expectations of each and every guest and I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your many stays with us. Thank you for your continued returns to our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We got a great Priceline deal for the night - just needed a place to sleep for the night. If we had paid regular rate, I would have been disappointed. The lobby and room furnishings look to be recently redone. The hallways were very shabby. Bathroom needs a redo - very old, and tub, although clean, looked as though it was not. The beds and pillows were extremely uncomfortable. And the elevators were really, really slow. For the price, though - the staff was cheerful and helpful, the room was clean, and we had a place to sleep. Very average.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that you experienced the helpful and friendly service of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. However, I apologize that you were not as impressed by the hallways, bathroom and bedding. We certainly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to pinpoint areas of improvement which affect the experiences of our guests. We hope to see you again.
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at the Wyndham to attend a conference. I have traveled often (career military) and this hotel is one of the worst. I checked in and went down a dank hall in need of carpet cleaner. My room offered no body soap so after showering with shampoo I turned the bed down and found crumbs and hair. I called the front desk and they moved us to another room. Add to that no wireless and a fee for Internet as well as vending that keeps your money!!! Never again.

• Stayed December 2011
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the missing soap item, crumbs/hair on the bed, and vending machine. Please know that I have addressed the issue regarding cleanliness with our Housekeeping staff to immediately work to correct. Also, I have contacted our Coca Cola vendor to address the issue you mentioned with the vending machine. I greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We spent one night here (12/10/11) and, while it is an older property, it has been updated (somewhat...) and has most of the amenities one would expect. The one obvious exception is that breakfast is not included in the price of the room. They apparently have a hot breakfast buffet that costs extra, however we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. The pool is nice and our kids had fun splashing around in the fountain that flows into the pool. There are several restaurants within walking distance, including those at a mall just to the north of the hotel. There is a restaurant on the property that seemed to have decent food, our travel companions ordered room service and said the food was good.

After a late afternoon swim in the pool our kids discovered that there was no hot water for their showers. After several calls to the front desk we went to bed with the expectation that we'd have hot water in the morning...not the case. We awoke to an apologetic letter under our door that offered breakfast as compensation. I would have preferred a hot shower...short of a clean bed to sleep on, a hot shower is right up there as one of the main things you're buying when you stay at a hotel! It appeared that there was some work going on in the hotel (quite a bit of banging throughout the afternoon, work trucks in the parking lot), and I suspect the issue with the hot water could have been brought to our attention sooner.

One final note: the shuttle drivers were the best thing about this place...both were engaging, friendly and helpful. We used the shuttle from the cruise terminal and to the airport.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed the pool, area restaurants, and shuttle transportation. I will certainly share your kind comments with our bell staff regarding their friendliness and great service. I would like to apologize for the hot water issue that occurred during your stay. It was an unforeseen issue that affected both our primary and secondary water heaters, causing the repair to be timely and difficult to resolve as quickly as we would have hoped. It was not at all related to the carpet replacement renovation that we are currently undergoing. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you were caused. We hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!