Great place to overnight before you cruise out of Tampa, especially if you qualify for a discounted rate. We got an airline employee rate of $80 total that included 4 breakfast buffets (even on a Saturday morning), free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the cruise port.
We also ended up on the 11th floor club level. I asked the desk clerk why we got it and he said it looked like that was all that was available at the time when we checked in. Just lucky I guess. The only real difference I think was a room set up in the evening with snacks, tea and Starbucks coffee.
The only down side was a really small room for 4 people. (2 adults, a teen and a 7 y/o) Got a 2 dbl bed room and it was tight getting around. Good practice for the cruise though. Someone else mentioned low showerheads. I’m short and I noticed that they were kind of low. I imagine for someone >6 ft. it would be really low.
The plusses far outweigh the minuses though. The staff was friendly enough, no complaints there. Check in and out went smooth.
Be sure to ask about the shuttle to the port when you check in. They had 3 shuttles scheduled for the port. I’m sure if they weren’t too busy they would fit you in at another time.
Little touches that made it a good place too stay. M&M’s at the counter, and ice cold lemon/lime or cucumber water in the lobby. Happy hour had $2 drafts, $4 wine and $4 appetizers. Different free eats each night 5:30-6:30. The breakfast buffet was good considering it was included with our room. They advertise free breakfast Mon-Fri. The buffet sign said $14.99 for the buffet. Personally I wouldn’t pay that for it. It was more like a $7.99 buffet.
The good news about that is you have options if you can walk 500 steps. There is a mall just down the road. http://www.westshoreplaza.com/index.cfm It’s an easy walk if you are in semi good shape. They have the food court there, and several restaurants, PF Chang’s and Maggiano’s. Chic-fil-a for a cheap breakfast as long as it’s not Sunday. Even closer (about 200 steps) is a Waffle House for a dining alternative to the hotel restaurant.
The pool is clean and well maintained. The workout room looked pretty good as far as equipment. I heard someone mention that it gets pretty hot in there at certain times of day when the sun is coming thru the window.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are flying in to Tampa for a cruise and need a room for just one night. Especially if you can get some form of discounted rate like government, military, AAA, AARP, just ask what type discounts they offer when you make your reservation.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Wyndham Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Tampa Quorum Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover heartwarming ambiance and distinctive personal service at the Quorum Hotel Tampa, our exceptionally located Tampa hotel. Sit back and enjoy our Blue Water Grill restaurant and bar - complete with "seating cabanas," appointed with pillows, faux shades, and natural teak wood - creating a romantic feel that recalls Ernest Hemingway's distinguished era. Or relax in our spacious, well-appointed accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, TIG Global, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Quorum Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.