“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay

Save Saved
You added Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay to your Saves list
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5108 Eisenhower Blvd., Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Mainsail Suites Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at the Mainsail Suites in Tampa for 2 nights in March 2013. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and basically an apartment. The full kitchen was very convenient and cut our meal costs. There was a small balcony off our suite which was nice. Location was close to the airport as well. No complaints!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn Routten R, Guest Relations Manager at Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear our guests take advantage of our full size kitchen and appreciate the spacious layout of our suites. It's even better to hear that you were able to save some money! We hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you to the Tampa area.

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place was...weird. I'm not really sure how else to describe it. It seems like this place is an apartment complex that's trying to be a hotel? My dad and I recently stayed here for 3 nights when we were in town for a Spring training game. The one good thing about our unit was the amount of space in the unit. We had a 1 bedroom suite...which was actually a converted 1 bedroom apartment. There were actually hookups for a washer and dryer in the closet off of the kitchen. The grounds were also very beautiful and well-maintained. The pool area was nice (though full of Spring breakers when we were there).

Now the not so good. First, this place is in desperate need of remodeling. There was a sign on the fridge that the management was in the process of remodeling the units, so I guess that's a positive sign. The carpets were stained, the bathroom had black and pink stains on the floor, and the caulking around the toilet was eroding. The first night we were there, the toilet would not flush. We were able to mess around with the Flowmaster to get the toilet to work on our own without calling for maintenance. There were no extra blankets or pillows in the room. The bed had 1 light blanket, 1 sheet, and 3 little pillows. We looked in every closet in that room and there wasn't anything to be found. To be fair, you can call the front desk and request extra blankets from the front desk, but I found it odd that there was nothing in the room. Since I didn't share the bed with my dad, I had to sleep on the couch. It was not comfortable at all. It would've been nice if it was a sofa bed, but it was just a couch. Also, the toiletries were a little sparse. There was a bar of soap, shampoo, and lotion. But there was no hand soap or bar of soap for washing your hands. The bar of soap specifically said "bathing soap". Well, since I had brought body wash with me, my dad just used that and we used the "bathing soap" to wash our hands. There was also not an extra roll of toilet paper in the room, all we had was the roll already in place. We were only there for the 3 nights, but by the morning we checked out, we were completely out of toilet paper. We could've called, but since we were checking out, we just used tissues. I just thought it was strange that the unit had been cleaned, but no one thought to leave us a roll of toilet paper since we were almost out. Now, this should probably go without saying, but since this hotel is next to an airport, there is a lot of noise. It was louder than I expected. I can sleep through almost anything, so it did not wake me up or keep me from falling asleep, but I can see how some people could have a problem.

I feel like this place really does have a lot of potential, they just need the help of someone who knows how to run a hotel. It was not the worst hotel experience I've ever had, but it was far from the best. One last note: there are no elevators in the buildings, so if you don't want to climb stairs, request a room on the 1st floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. Our hotel certainly has an apartment feel due to the spacious layout and as you noted having washer and dryer hook ups. This is actually an in room service we provide as an option for our guests. However, toilet paper as well as soap are not options for our guest and they should be stocked in every room at all times. Your feedback has already been addressed with our management team and we take any and all issues discussed very seriously. We have begun our renovations and we are very excited about our new product. We serve many guests that make Mainsail part of their spring trainng vacations and we are pleased to be able to show off completely renovated rooms when they return next year. We hope you are one of these guests that can experience our positive changes.

Thank you again for your business and your valued customer feedback.

Best Regards,
Orange Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a nice place to stay we booked a single suite and they did not have any singles left so they upgraded us for free to a triple. Was way to much room for the 2 of us but it was an awesome room very clean. It was located close to everything that we wanted to do. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I were relocated from out of state to Tampa so we stayed in the Main Sail for 2 months prior to finding and closing on our new home. I could go on forever and ever, but will try and be brief. We would have moved during our stay, but with a two year old it was easier on us to tolerate the disgusting place a little longer than to move.

We had a 2 bedroom unit in Building 300. The carpet turned your feet black when you walked on it. There was black and pink mold growing in the two bathtubs. After 6 weeks of tolerating it, I called to complain about the poor housekeeping services we were receiving and waited over two days for the place to be re-cleaned. Even after numerous calls to the Guest Services Manager (Shawn) and front desk. Once they finally came to re-clean there was still mold in the showers and their idea of mopping is sticking one of our dirty bath towels under their foot and running it over the floor. No one ever followed up with us either to see if it was better. The phone in our living room didn't work, 3 light bulbs were out and the dishwasher flooded the kitchen floor.

The property apparently rents out units as apartments as well. It is very run down. The laundry room had over 50% of its machines that were "Out of Order". The breezeways were full of trash. It is a gated property, but I would say the gates were open more than they were ever closed so it is not secure.

The restaurant food is decent, but they are always understaffed. I think our first lunch there took over an hour and there were only 3 of us that ordered sandwiches.

A few staff members at the front desk seemed to be very customer oriented, but their hands are tied when the property is managed and maintained so poorly.

There are several other extended stay properties in the area. I highly recommend you select another property.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

So, I been travel from hotel to hotel for the past 3 weeks. I gotta say, this is the worst place to stay at. Its spring break here, and lots of kids here. Ok, first thing first. I guess they have either T1, or 60MB from cable company. You get great upload speed and all, but your down load speed wont pass the 0.3MB mark. I can't go on internet, or check my email at all. I got one of the old room, cuz they saying their fully booked. I would not suggest business stays here, cuz you get no internet for your business. I also do no suggest solo traveler, well same thing; no internet. Also, all room was former apartment, so good luck driving around to get in, and out. Last thing, I check to see wifi, guess what. $9.99 per day for wifi, or you get free slow internet with ethernet core.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good internet, and BRING A ETHER NET CORE
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm not sure how it's possible that anyone could give this a positive review. Unless this "hotel" was completely booked and they placed us in a unit that had been closed down since the early eighties, it was beyond disgusting. I booked a 2 bedroom suite for 3 days and the conditions were so bad that we left after the first night. We only stayed that long because we checked in late and my 2 year old daughter needed to sleep. You have to look at the pictures to appreciate exactly how disgusting this unit is. Beyond the outdated décor, there were thick layers of dirt and grime on every horizontal surface, the linoleum tile in the bathrooms was peeling up, there were yellow stains all over the ceiling, all the molding in the baths was coming undone and appeared covered in mold, the drains in the bath tubs were corroded to the point they wouldn't close, the TV in the living room didn't work (said they would send maintenance out and never did), the towel bar snapped off in the bathroom when trying to hang up a towel, the toilets were disgustingly stained, and one of the big reasons we chose this place was the advertisement that they had washers and dryers in the units. We opened the door for the laundry and there were only hookups. I guess I must be the unusual traveler that doesn't pack my washer and dryer with me when I fly. All these problems were noticed in the first hour. I can't imagine what else was wrong with that place and couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Oh and to be clear, this is an apartment complex that rents out units and calls them suites.

Baltimore Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My nephew was chosen to play in the Blue Grey National All-Star Classic as a defensive tackle for the North squad. The game was held in Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on January 12, 2013. The Mainsail was the recommended hotel for us to stay in and it was just a few miles from the stadium. We rented a car and traveling in this area was very easy. There were five of us in the suite that had a queen room with bath, as well as a double full room with bath. Very nice place! Because we did not have any small children, I can't speak to the entertainment factor for kids under bout 12 years old. The drawback to this place is that it was hard to find from the main road. The marquee is visible after you get past a tree that sort of blocks it and by then you may pass the entrance because you're going to fast. Around the corner you go! We actually came in the rear entrance first but were able to find our way around to the front. It appears this was originlly an apartment complex and is now being used as short or long-term stay suites. I couldn't tell you if our suite had been remodeled because it was fine as it was, in our opinions. It wasn't a 5-star hotel by any stretch, but it suited our needs and the needs of the organization sponsoring the game. Service was quick when we asked for towels or other items; our room was on the ground floor so no stairs to climb (there is a second floor but I did not see any elevators) kitchen was well equipped (except for a measuring cup and spoons) and we were able to prepare and eat three meals a day after we went to the grocery. Furniture was comfortable, rooms were good size, all in all a nice place. My nephew and niece enjoyed the pool in the main lobby area, where there was also a laundry (we did not need to use it). Pricing was fair in the restaurant just off the lobby area and the food was very good!

Room Tip: Main floor rooms were great; we did not have to climb stairs. Our room was a few feet from the pond...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay? Share your experiences!