“Comfortable and convenient entended stay in Tampa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay

You added Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay to your Saves list
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5108 Eisenhower Blvd., Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Mainsail Suites Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Louisiana
“Comfortable and convenient entended stay in Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When i first arrived the reception area/restaurant/bar was welcoming. Since I would be there for over a week I checked out my room before accepting. I was not happy so they immediatley moved me to a more suitable 2 bedroom/2 bath unit with a view of the small lake area. My stay had several issues that were all immediately worked out at the front desk where service is excellent. They are undergoing a large renovation so I would make sure to check out your room location but I will definatley stay there again on my next visit to Tampa. For the price of a downtown hotel room you can have a suite with a full kitchen, nice pool and restaurant area and very convenient to the airport

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the little lake. it's quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here 1/5/13 in building 800. It was very nice, clean although showing some wear and tear. There was a sign on our fridge saying this suite was going to be renovated in the next few weeks, even so it was still a nice suite. The water pressure is AWESOME (this is good for long thick hair like mine) and the towels were soft and plenty of them. The staff were very nice and always polite. We ate the breakfast buffet they offered and all the food was very good. We always felt safe and were very comfortable leaving our vehicle in their gated community for the duration of our 7 day cruise. The driver who drove us to and picked us up from the port was a really nice guy and very friendly. Will definitely stay here again when sailing out of Tampa!!

Room Tip: There are no elevators to the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building so if you are disabled it would be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

First, the positive: the place was absolutely clean. This is not a "normal" hotel.It's a former apartment complex repurposed as a hotel. We got a non-renovated room but saw mentions of ongoing renovations. The suite had ancient television sets with poor picture quality and the furnishings seemd like something straight out of the 80's. Very, very dated interior decor. BUT, it WAS clean, there was an abundance of space in the rooms. Once the renovation is complete this is probably a nice, roomy option - especially for families!

Room Tip: Definitely seek out a fully renovated room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

First would like to point out that these are APARTMENTS not just suites as stated in the hotel name. Actually, the whole place resembles a gated apartment complex. For long stays this was verrrry homey and safe feeling!!
So, pros:
1. Check in took about a half a minute. It was like they knew we were coming. Fast and friendly at the front desk was welcome after our long drive! 2. Apartment was very big and decently equipped with pots and pans for 1-3 basic eating people. You could not make a huge meal here, but spaghetti was doable :) 3. Close to the airport and downtown. Not close to Busch Gardens, but perfect for what we needed. 4. Clean and safe area.

Cons - noise - we were slightly bothered by the landing planes which seems to happen starting at 6 am every morning. I'd suggest earplugs.

Overall, we were very happy here. We got a great deal for our stay so we couldn't really even complain about the noise.
Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed December 2012
puerto rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pros:Full kitchen, spacious room , nice lobby area and fast check in and out
Cons:Kitchen only has two pots, no cooking utensils ,fridge is old and rusty , floor stained, cabinets dirty; bathrooms are nasty , stained floors and counters , rusty , moldy , toilet dirty . overall a super dirty place.Rooms has no blackout curtains, only has some blinds that permits lights to go in,no free wi fii (available at a cost aprox $10 per day).Beds are comfy but you cannot sleep.Carpet is old , dirt , broken,and stained.The first floor corner unit is untolerable considering the noise level if you are assigned a first floor corner unit get out as soon as possible I guarantee you will not sleep unless the place is empty , or the upper room above you is empty. Obviously that was not my luck. I can tolerate the airplanes landing sound, i can tolerate car alarms beeping in front of villa, I can tolerate the barking dog near, but the noisy staircase next to the villa with people getting up and down and worst of all the safari of mammuts over my ceiling was annoying..The steps of this people going from one side to the other, the sound of the shower and even when they flush the toliet was clearly hear from my suite. You will like you are inside a boombox so i request change of room but no room was available so I had the worst three nights of sleep you will ever imagine NEVER book here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room with no other room above you .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The MainsailSuites Hotel and Conference Center is a very pleasant place to stay. It's personel are awesome example of great customer service. I visited as a patient over the Laser Spine Institute the month of October and november 2012. I had seen by my own eyes how great customized customer service was provided to the patients of Laser Spine Institute thr all the phases of pre and post surgery. Our drivers not only provide transportation but they address our individual needs thr the surgical phases day by day. KUDOS!!! to all the drivers and front desk hotel staff to include the restaurant personnel.
They are all wonderful, specially Mr Harry Piedra, please say hi to him.

My stay at the hotel was wonderful,one day I did not have a dryer for my hair and I was able to borrow one. I had drivers to take me to places I needed to be in a genuine honest caring fashion.

Room Tip: Its easy to make a reservation even few hrs prior to your arrival.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband was a patient at the Laser Spine Institute, and we stayed at Mainsail for a week. The service was excellent, as all the employees went out of their way to be polite and helpful. We especially loved Harry, our shuttle driver to and from LSI. He was a sweetheart-you won't meet a nicer man! It was very nice to stay in a suite with a full kitchen since we had such an extended stay. The Mainsail was also close to many malls, restaurants and other attractions in Tampa. We will definitely stay there again if we have an opportunity to be back in the area!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay? Share your experiences!