“Amazing Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay

You added Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay to your Saves list
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5108 Eisenhower Blvd., Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Mainsail Suites Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Key Largo
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband was a patient at the Laser Spine Institute so we picked the Mainsail Hotel to stay at and what a smart choice. The room was plain but excellently located and clean. Housekeeping was attentive and not overbearing. The service was impecable, especially our driver, Harry. We will stay there again and would suggest it to anyone. We love that they take dogs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the Mainsail Suites Hotel and Conference Center the day and night before our cruise from Tampa. We arrived before we were able to check in and were directed to a nice locker room area where we were able to change into pool clothes, etc. They were able to get our room ready in record time and within an hour of our arrival we were all moved in to our spot for the day. The suites are really nice! We were surprised at the size and overall cleanliness! The pool was small but nice and the food/drink at the bar were also good. We booked mainly for the shuttle that was included to and from the airport and to and from the port. The shuttle also ran us to a local grocery store! It was as if we had our own private driver for the day. We took the shuttle to the port and when our ship arrived back on debarkation day the shuttle picked us up from the port and dropped us off at the airport. Talk about convenient! I can't speak highly enough of the incredible staff, they really did go out of their way to make our short 30 hour stay at Mainsail a pleasant experience. We will be back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Mr Piedras was my chofer or driver for the first 3 days, and I got the best experience ever with him. Mr. Piedras is extremetelly polite, respectful, dedicated to his job providing a 100 %. This guy is a must keep. The best wishes for him,I wish that his boss recognized the type of employee he/she has. :)
My name is Luz D. Vargas an LSI patient Laser Spine Institute. My caretaker was Loraly Wooland who has the same comments on our expirience. I was impress with the cleanlines inside our hotel room but I would like them to take care of the garbage piled up to the front of our room. We were in building 200 suite # 102. The concept of the constant water falling was excellent, just make sure that they pick up the garbage across our balcony which at times reaached the water. Example cigarrete empty box, cigarretes butts, and news papers. I brough this to the attention of my next driver past Mr Piedras, hopefully he passed the message to the people in charge of it.

Room Tip: i did not explore the spa neither breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fulton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have stayed twice with family at this hotel suite. We have had two nice size bedrooms with baths, fully equiped kitchen, living room area and table. There are three TVs. It is like renting a condo. The pool is wonderful since I enjoy swimming laps. The small restaurant next to the lobby is very nice for a meal. Everyone was very friendly and the price is not expensive for what you get. The grounds and the suites are very clean. It is also located near the airport and sites to see and do in Tampa. I give it a 5 star rating!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

First I would like to say that I would be satisfied with this hotel if it was not for the noisy guest. This is a nice place to stay and the rates are reasonable for extended business stay. Clean rooms, ample parking, full kitchen (even though limited cooking utensils and warped pans) secure gated area and quite with exception to my notation below.

However, I am giving this a negative review due to the overly excessive noise from other guest. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything from other guest, top, bottom and sides. Not to mention that we had to relocate our room during an extended stay for the single reason the person above us gets up early, 5am, and makes noise for the first hour that is disturbing enough to wake even the most sound sleeper. This person goes to bed late, 1am, then gets up early (no avoiding this). It is not as if the person is deliberately making noise, it is just that the hotel has very thin insulation between the floors, directly resulting in the noise transfer from walking to opening doors being transferred to our room, all night and morning long... You get the scenario.
The solution for us, to maintain our sanity and get some rest was to move to a new room. Was not much better and the housekeeping seems a little off because now they have to clean an additional room for the sake of our hospitality. Ultimately, we will not stay here again, even though we really enjoyed the simple convenience of this extended stay hotel.

Like I said, good hotel, reasonable rates - just make certain you get a 3rd floor/top floor for any length of stay.

By the way - the pictures of the rooms, kitchen, bedroom - not accurate! The rooms are standard rooms, the pictures must be from a model room.

Room Tip: Top floor is the only floor. Do not choose first or second floor - you will regret it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Holly, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I choose this place because of the affiliations they had with the Laser Spine Institue (LSI). She was getting back surgury and we needed a place that was close to LSI. It was close to the airport and LSI in Tampa, FL.

This suite had a full kitchen that was stocked with basic pots, pans, dishes and flatware etc.... We also had a small living room and dining room. We had a nice size bed room with a queen bed and a nice walk in closet. It was clean and, the bed was very comfortable. I can't say enough how friendly and accomodating everybody was. Everybody from shuttle drivers (Harry and Gino) to the front desk people etc.... The shuttles were very prompt everytime we used them. The pool and hot tub was clean and, the grounds at this apparently large hotel and suite facility was kept nice. The pool area had adequate number of chase lounges and small tables at it and, it had the nicest work out facility I think I've been at. It also was a gated community and, my wife enjoyed this. The price was reasonable. If I had to pick at something, I wish they offered King size beds. I would also suggest that they lower the shower curtains or, put longer one in. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this place to anybody.

Don (from Michigan)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is NOT an average hotel/motel. It is more like a Condo or large Apartment Complex. We spent one night in a 2 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, living room, dining room and full kitchen. We were comped this room by our airline company due to being bumped off of a flight (by choice for round trip tics). What a wonderful surprise to be put up in this hotel. We may consider going back to this hotel because of how nice it was. The grounds are beautiful with ponds, a heated pool, hot tub, excercise room and a very nice restaurant. The shuttle service to and from the the Airport right to your room was excellent. There are multiple buildings and it is a gated hotel.

Room Tip: The in-room internet is free if you have a cat5 cable to plug into. The wifi has a charge so bring...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay? Share your experiences!