“Simply Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay

You added Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay to your Saves list
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5108 Eisenhower Blvd., Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Mainsail Suites Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Covington
“Simply Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I booked a group at this hotel for the Tampa/Falcons game. Although the Falcons lost the game we had an awesome time at this hotel. There were 36 of us and everyone loved the place. No one had anything bad to say about their stay and many of them are already planning on returning this year and have even booked a family reunion. The property is setup in an apartment style setting and the rooms are simply "awesome". More than I could have ever expected. They are very spacious and clean. Many of us enjoyed the heated pool and the grilling area as well. Some even visited the bar. The staff were very accomendating and friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. The shuttle bus to local areas is also a plus. I have nothing but high praises for this place. I look forward to staying there again next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We booked through Hotwire...where you specify and area and pick the "quality/star level" of the hotel. So when you book, you don't know the specific place that you'll be getting. Of course, you know it immediately after you book.

After know the specific hotel, I went on the internet and checked the feedback. A lot of it was not very complimentary. Being that we had already committed, I was not sure what to expect. After checking in, I could not be more pleased. Yes, it is a huge converted apartment complex; however, I feel that they have done an outstanding job doing the conversion. My wife was here in the Tampa area for a week long convention and we are very pleased with the lodging accomodations. The unit (2 bedroom/2 bath condo) is very clean and the maid service has been very good. There seems to be good security, in that you can't get into the complex at night except with your room key as it is gated and completely fenced in.

Overall, my wife and I have been very pleased with our stay at Mainsail Suites.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Central Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We recently spent one night with out kids at the Mainsail Suites in Tampa in order to visit my sister who was also staying there on business. The rooms are basically apartments (we got the two-bedroom two-bathroom suite for around $100). A pretty good value considering the amount of room you get for your money. Overall the property and rooms are fairly clean and the staff was courteous. Unfortunately, any city hotel in this price range is going to attract some rowdy or unsavory characters....there were a few of these types hanging around. Our particular room had two exterior doors, one that entered into our hotel room hallway and one that opened into one of the two bedrooms. Upon arrival, we decided it probably wasnt a good idea to put the kids in the room with the door to the exterior, so we took this room and put the kids in the back bedroom. Luckily we did! Around 2:30AM someone attempted to force open our room door from the outside. The guy was belligerent and very upset at someone who he thought was staying in our room. We had to call hotel security to have this guy removed. We might have been better off calling 911 since it took hotel security a while and more than one attempt to get this guy out of the building. Needless to say we didnt rest well that night and couldnt wait to check out the next day. The hotel was kind enough to extend our stay long enough for us to get some sleep before the drive home. Overall, it's a decent value for the money if looking for a short stay, but pack your stun-gun!

Room Tip: Watch out for unsavory characters.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Our drivers harry and gio were so very caring and compassionate for the situation I was in they picked us up and dropped us off at Laser Spine Surgery and were so helpful and positive 2 great guys cant say enough. Tony Armano

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I've been staying at the Mainsail for several weeks on Monday through Friday. Apartments are modest but very comfortable with all needed amenities. This is a great value choice for longer stays.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Mainsail Aug 14-21, 2011. I went for a 1/2 week of business and 1/2 week of family time. When we 1st pulled up to the Mainsail/Marriott it looked nice but you could tell it used to be an apartment complex. That in itself made no difference to me as long as it was clean.

We checked in and because they have no elevators I preferred to be on the middle floor but we were in a building complex that was on the 3rd floor and that was a killer for us especially with baby. Additionally, this particular unit looked older than what the pictures suggested on the internet. Therefore, we requested to be moved to a lower level room and closer to the pool.

They were very accomodating and moved us to another building and room. This room was leaps and bounds better than the 1st. Then I figured it out. We were in a Marriott Executive Stay room versus a Mainsail because on our counter we had a welcome bag with the Marriott logo, etc. The rooms looked more contemporary than the other and brighter (color wise).

The only issue I had was the ants on the coffee table but at least there were not any bugs, rodents, etc. I loved the fact that we were enclosed in a gate and that our room had a washer and dryer. The price was very fair for the amount of space we had along with 3 TVs and a full kitchen.

If I go back to Tampa I'd would definitely consider staying there.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the Marriott part--Mainsail part is older.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I was contacted by mainsail in june, A local baseball organization gave Kelly a sales representive my contact information. Our organization was having a few important tournaments in the upcoming weeks. The first one with teams with from all over Florida, and the second with teams from all over the sotheastern united states, with the winner of the second one moving on to Monterey, Ca two days after the tournament.. I am a region director for Florida for our baseball organization and have visited the property before but never stayed as a guest. Kelly along with the entire staff at Mainsail went above and beyond meeting our teams, and my expectations. . I was unabel to attend the first tournament but spoke tocoaches and parents of our teams staying there and all they would say is how nice the Mainsai property is and how nice their staff is. Kelly was able to accomadate activites for the player and parents alike. My particular suite was a 2/2 1100 square foot apartment with a full kitchen and a dinning / living room. . I visited a few other suites during my visit and they were all very clean and ver well maintained. . I would like to commend Kelly and all of the Mainsail staff for exceeding or expectations and making sure they were delivering excellence everyday. I recommend Mainsail to everyone from family vacations, to buisness trips, to sporting events or just nneding a hotel in Tampa to use Mainsail.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business