“Rude Manager, over cooked lobster and filet” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kennedy Blvd.
BRANDON, FL
“Rude Manager, over cooked lobster and filet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The short Danny Devito wannabe Manager is RUDE! We are long time 847 members(Palm's frequent customers whose charactures are painted on the wall) and were shocked at how nasty and rude this man was to other customers. We were embarrassed to be present and watch (and hear) him refusing to serve this couple despite the fact they were just serving our steaks.
The quality control of the Tampa Palm has also suffered under this manager our steaks and lobster were both over cooked and rubbery. No wonder The Palm USED to be the best steak in town. Bern's Charlie's Flemings Shulas and Council Oak ALL make this Palm look second class. Avoid this one!

Florida
“This is THE restaurant for Steak and Lobster Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my all time Tampa favorite. Each and every waiter/waitress and busboy are extremely friendly and offer fabulous service. The drinks are great and are generous servings. I love the lemon martini's. They have a wonderful deal in the bar from 5-7PM---half off appetizers and many drinks listed on their bar menu. The burger sliders are wonderful!!
The rib eye and filets are out of this world and always prepared to perfection. The lobsters are always the sweetest.
The one difference with the Palm and all the other steak restaurants in Tampa is that they have a members club "837 Club" where you actually get special priced meals and reward points for dining.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesville, LA
“Lamb...Lamb...Lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Maybe this was just a stroke of luck, but I've eaten at "Palm" restaurants all over the US and had their lamb and this without a doubt was the best "double cut lamb chops" I've EVER eaten! They were trimmed perfectly and there was only a little border of fat around the edge easily trimmed. It ws actually fork tender and a perfectly rare. Of course the creamed spinach was good as usual, etc., etc. And last but not least, our server Elizabeth was definitely in groove that evening with her Mexico City flair. I would like to go over to her house on a Sunday afternoon and get some AUTHENTIC Mexican fare that she so made our mouths water for. Thanks for a fabulous evening and hope to see you guys again soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent Filet and Lobster!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited as they were doing a 3-course prix fixe menu to vote for the best pairing. I chose the filet and lobster and my husband chose the filet and shrimp scampi. I started with a salad and my husband had the lobster bisque. We ended the meal with pumpkin creme brulee, which was super-delicous! Although it was pricey at $50 per person, it was very good. Plenty of food, although I think my husband was disappointed there were no veggies or carbs (except the bread) served with the main course. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very nice.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Good but Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The server said my main dinner course, salmon, would come with no sides. So I ordered the creamed spinach. Total price so far without tax and service was $43.80. It took a long time to get the water which I ordered at the start. Finally I got the young man who does refills to get me a glass. (He explained that the server who takes orders is responsible for the first glass.) My food was fine but not exceptional. The other three persons with my party were pleased with their food.
The walls are full of drawings of movers and shakers, so probably a lot of people come here on an expense account or with a sizeable inheritance. If you are not one of them save this for a very special occasion.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage The Palm - Tampa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.