“Wing Night!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Tavern & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,964 restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Wing Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My second night in a row.
Last night the best ever Jerk Mai Mai with cocoanut rice and a mango sausa. Never had anything better.
Tonight noticed the Grilled Crispy Wings came with celery and carrots for $7. I love wings and again they were some of the best ever.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Long wait, but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good steaks and seafood. Great drinks. Long wait for a table during high traffic times. This is more of a special occassion place due to the prices.

Portage, Michigan
“Great dinner, delicious selections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went here with work colleagues and had a great dinner. They had a jerk mahi with a mango salsa. Not being a big jerk spice fan, they substituted grilled grouper and it was fabulous. They also had Sierra Nevada on tap. One if my favorites.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa Bay
“Undercooked food, again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is only the second time that I have been to Stonewood. Years ago when I ate there my food was not properly cooked. At the request of a friend we ate there. I was not impressed with the menu, the dishes seemed heavy. I wanted something light so I opted for the Seabass. It was pricey but it was the best choice on the menu. I was hesitant about ordering fish but I figured that my previous experience was a one-time mistake. Again tonight my fish dish was rubbery and undercooked. It was a big disappointment. The server offered to replace the meal but by that time the rest of the party was completed with their dinner. The service was not up to par with the meal prices. The atmosphere was nice but I will not be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best meal, atmosphere, and service we have experienced in years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our server, Dave, could not have made us feel more welcome or recommended better menu choices (especially the chocolate bread pudding). We will definitely return for more.

• 5 of 5 stars Food