“can't beat their lunch buffet and the cozy atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Laughing Cat - CLOSED

The Laughing Cat
1811 N 15th St, Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
813 241 2998
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“can't beat their lunch buffet and the cozy atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

can't beat their lunch buffet and the cozy atmosphere.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had the ravioli and it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

I had the ravioli and it was delightful!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hands down my favorite restaurant in all of Tampa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

Hands down my favorite restaurant in all of Tampa.

trinity
“Was First Timer But Now A Regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

It was my Fianc'es birthday and she wanted to pick a place for dinner that we had never been too. She found The Laughing Cat on line and so I made the reservations. We invited 5 other couples, and I have to admit I was nervous about attending a new restaurant for us, let alone taking along 5 other couples. I called ahead for reservations and asked that they have 3 bottles of wine on the table waiting for us. Not only did they have the table ready upon our arrival they also had with wine. The service and meal was outstanding. After our dinner I asked that the chef come to our table in which we gave him a round of applause.

It was a fantastic dinner and I can assue you all my friends and I will be back. The Laughing Cat in nothing to laugh about.

Chicago, Illinois
“Some of the Best Italian food in Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

If you are in Tampa treat yourself to the Laughing cat. I always suggest you visit on saturday nights when Ybor city is a little more busy because the window views cannot be beat for people watching. The two owners are great cooks and the wait staff is bar none. Just went back after a two month off period(trying to lose weight..lol) to catch some food before a night at the Improv comedy club near by. The waiter, Peter, still remembered our drink preferance. The portions are always huge and everything is fresh. A couple of choices for the person who doesn't like to venture is Penna Ala Vodka or the Fettecini Alfredo. They sound like such simple dishes, but once you have it here it will ruin any you eat afterwards elsewhere. For something differant I suggest the chicken dipped in chopped mixed nuts. Its great and I have never had anything like it. Also if you can, try the creamed spinach. I never had eaten creamed spinach till I ate it here and have now sampled it at many places, but none come close.