“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 1,878 Restaurants in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Rocky Point Dr./Courtney Campbell Causeway
Transit: There is shuttle service provided from all the major hotels in the area, that will bring you directly to our doorstep. Including, The Sailport, The Double Tree, The Chase Suites, and The Holiday Inn.
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Traveling on business and we found this place. Right on the bay! The decor is a little dated in spots but very clean. Service was outstanding. View is great. I highly recommend the Caribbean clam chowder and the seafood mixed grill. The crab cake was outstanding. We spent three hours here and never felt rushed. If your looking for a local place a little upscale give it a try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tampa, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been to the Rusty Pelican twice, both for special occasions. I went again last night and the food, service and ambience was wonderful. Our waiter Justin was excellent! We tried everything he recommended! The Asiago Bread that is a regular in the bread basket is amazing (try is with the sea salt butter). My date had the house special Mahi-Mahi which featured a cream sauce and bacon topping. It was wonderful, I had a bite. I had the Chicken Scallopini, the sauce on the chicken was a djion cream sauce and was perfect. We also had a Baked Apple Desert, which was a whole baked apple filled with cinnamon and walnuts, covered in pastry and baked. Served with a side of cinnamon ice cream. It was to die for! Anytime you go I recommend the Buffalo Mozarella Tower or Blackened Scallop for Appetizers. I have been on a Friday and Tuesday, service was both excellent and consistent both times. Weekends there is a piano player. The view is amazing especially at night with the city light. If you get a chance walk around outside there is a lighted bath and a gazebo directly on the bay.

• Visited September 2013
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Great View of Tampa Bay from large windows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

All tables have a great view of the Tampa Bay while you dine in the air conditioning. You sit over the water and have the feel like you are on a ship.

The meals are good, but are a bit pricey. They have a good selection of seafood and steaks. We had several of the seafood meals and were happy with them. I wouldn't recommend the steaks since my husband's didn't have much flavor. You need to have the salad that is prepared table side, but it is very large and best for sharing. Desserts are all made on the premises and worth saving room for them. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion since it's not too crowded and you can take your time enjoy the food, view and your friends and family.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had brunch at this place few weeks ago. The regular buffet items were kind of standard but we loved the idea of having a smaller selection of menu items served to order . Whatever we ordered was served promptly at the table . The service was excellent and the view was breathtaking. It is somewhat on the pricey side but well worth it. Would definitely go back

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hialeah, Florida
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We hosted my son's wedding rehearsal dinner at the Rusty Pelican inside the Tampa Room. The room was setup beautifully and everything was very organized. When we arrived the bar attendant and servers each introduced themselves to me and asked that I let them know if we needed anything at all. They were the nicest people and set the mood for the rest of the evening! There service was impeccable. The bar attendant served the best cosmo martini's I have ever had. Everyone one in the party was ordering them! The appetizers were delicious and I only wish I had ordered more because everyone loved the scallops w bacon, beef wellington and quiche! Don Valente was extremely helpful in working with me during several months of organizing this event. I don't live in Tampa but would definintely return to this restaurant and would recommend to anyone thinking about hosting an event here.