“No burgers.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
“No burgers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been here once before and everything was amazing! The sushi was actually way better than I expected for a bar :)) This time I decided to take it easy and get a cheeseburger. BAD idea!

Everyone else was happy with their food but my poor burger. You can tell it's a frozen patty and tasted worse than McDonald's. I can usually eat everything I order, but it took all I had to eat hall.

I will definitely come back but will be avoiding the burgers at all costs.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Fun place that can rack up your bill really quick”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoy coming here to play pool and have drinks with friends. Its great for both of those things but the bill can get out of hand if you aren't paying attention haha. Nothing fancy, but a good place to hang out for a couple hours

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Good spot, good deals, but watch your credit card statement for overcharges!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I like The Rack. They frequently have good specials, and it's a good atmosphere. But I have noticed on several occasions that the amount charged on my credit card is always a couple of dollars more than what the amount I authorized was. And no, I wasn't too drunk to adequately calculate the tip. Check your credit card statement to make sure they're actually billing the correct amount when you go there.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Sushi, Burgers, Pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good place for the younger crowd. Good specials, I think there was a $5 sushi day a while ago, not sure its still going on. Went there for lunch and a couple drinks. Good experience, sat outside.

Visited March 2012
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Definitely not what I remember, sadly.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

On a recent trip back to the Tampa area, I had a date, and she wanted to get sushi so we agreed to go to the Rack. I myself, used to go to the Rack at least once a week for years on end, to the point where I was friendly with all the staff and many regulars in S. Tampa. Those days are sadly over. The staff I once knew have all gone, besides Roxy, and she hardly blinked an eyelid that I made a point to go over to the bar and say hi/smile at her.

It still takes a ridiculous amount of time to get a drink, and I had flashbacks of nights where I literally would start my evening off by going there and in fact just turn around after 10mins and walk right out the door shaking my head.

I tried some food this visit, and I was very underwhelmed again unfortunately. I had to actually send my chicken dish back, as the garlic in the dish was overpowering beyond belief. I have never tasted so much garlic in a dish of food before.

The waitress did a good job, but she didn't seem to care much for being there, and besides the fella behind the Sushi counter, nobody did really.

I won't make a point to return to a place I had many, many good nights at over the past decade. The saving graces are the great value hospitality industry discount cards, and the beauitul women that frequent there.

All in all though, a shame really.

• Visited January 2013