“Excellent food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,066 Restaurants in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cypress between Lois & Westshore
Description: Charley's Steak House Aged Steaks & Market Fresh Fish is truly the most award-winning restaurant in Tampa! Among its many accolades, Charley's has been voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence and Sante Awards for High Level of Professional Service & Culinary Cuisine. Our USDA Prime & Choice steaks are aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-grilled over our unique 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fueled custom pit. To increase flavor, Charley's cuts all their steaks "on the bone" because their bone releases flavor and helps the meat retain its natural juices during the cooking process. A lively and energetic lounge, chef-driven daily specials, signature steaks, an award-winning wine list and top notch service enhances each guest's dining experience to the fullest!
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am a repeat customer to Charley's Steakhouse in Tampa, Florida. The food and the service was excellent as usual. The meal took somewhat longer than usual to reach our table but was understandable for mother's day. I highly recommend this restaurant. My guest and I have never been disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Exceptionally Disappointing Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was among the worst meals we have ever had anywhere – even worse than all of the chain steakhouses.

My husband and I have eaten at many of the finest steakhouses throughout the United States. Based upon Charley’s reputation we were eagerly anticipating a wonderful steak dinner there. The salad was below average but we still kept our hopes up because we weren’t there for the salad. The service was a bit slow. When they finally brought my husband’s steak out it was cold, and so was his potato, as if it had been sitting out a while before they brought it. He sent the steak back.

Meanwhile, my blackened salmon was flavorless with very little seasoning even though I had asked for it spicy. It also had a thick gray layer of chewy fat on the bottom, which I found very unappetizing. My food was lukewarm, the butter would not even melt on the potato.

When they returned with my husband’s steak it was a bit warmer, however, it lacked any type of flavoring or seasoning whatsoever. Additionally, over half of the steak was gristle, which is unusual for a New York Strip. The manager brought him an extra potato to “make up” for the cold steak, however, this potato was no warmer than the first.

When the manager asked me how everything was, I said that the salmon should be spicier. He offered to bring me some extra seasoning so I said ok. I had to laugh when he returned with a small bowl of the spice rub that is used for cooking. The dry rub did nothing for the already cooked salmon.

The wine list was extremely overpriced. We selected one of the less expensive bottles, which was still over $50, and it turned out to be a cheap table wine that could be purchased locally at any grocery store for under $6.

To make matters worse, this was one of the most expensive meals we have had in years. We’ve eaten at the top restaurants in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco and never experienced anything like this. We will not return.

This was obviously not just a bad night. Believe the other bad reviews.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“Everything Spot On”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Been here a few times over the years and always had good meat but sometimes a little more cooked than expected etc. This time everything was excellent. Ordered a rib eye on the bone that was not on the menu but they did have it in stock. This is a slightly fatty cut but to me the best flavoured of the cuts and on the last visit I had one of the best ever steaks I have ever had. No steaks I have eaten in the UK have come close to this visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Haven, Florida
“Our 10th Wedding Anniversary meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We frequent the Talk of the Town Restaurants because they offer wonderful food and service. Our dinner began with our sharing a very tasty Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail and a nice crisp green salad. Our server, Kenny, did his best to make our dining experience an excellent one. He suggested their "Fabulous Filet 20oz" and the flavor was wonderful. Also, Kenny always kept my glass of iced tea full.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Best steakhouse in Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I've eaten at the other Charley's restaurants in central Florida and this one blows them out of the water. Amazing service from everyone you encounter that works there lets you know why this place stays so busy. (Valets, hostess, bartender, waiters and manager were are all very hospitable.
Had the 24oz bison ribeye, lobster mac n cheese, baked potato while the rest of the table had lobster, filets and lots of dessert! :)

If you're looking for a great steakhouse with amazing service you definitely want to visit this place but better make reservations, it gets busy.