“Great burgers and salads” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Tampa, Florida
“Great burgers and salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great burgers and all the sandwiches are good.Salads big enough to share and all the food is fresh and well prepared. Staff very friendly and service is great. And the prices are right.Excellent neighborhood place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gulfport, Florida
“Best Burgers EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I lucked into finding this cute, clean little spot in a strip mall during one of our trips. We couldn't believe our good fortune! The burgers were freshly cooked to order by the staff - and the best he's ever had, according to my husband. That's saying a lot, since he considers himself a burger connoisseur. The caramelized onions, in large quantity as requested, made the burger outstanding. We think these burgers outstrip even 5 Guys in size and flavor. The friendliness and great service of the owner are also a huge plus. Be sure to stop by, or even make a trip here just to sample the excellent food. We will be eating here every time we're in the area - guaranteed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lutz, Florida
“Where have you been all of my life !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Man Im so mad that this diner has escaped my culinary radar screen for this long! I have missed out on some really great food and meeting a really great staff. Had the burger this past Saturday along my wife and we had an order of fresh cut piping hot fries in an overfilled basket. All of it delicious! Met the owner Keith, a real genuinely nice guy. He spent a lot of the time making sure we were comfortable, well taken care of, and knew his philosophy and what Oakleys offered its customers. The Burger was simply amazing, hot juicy, stuffed with toppings and flavor. Fries were excellent and perfectly salted. I wasnt overly excited with the drinks offered, never a big fan of what I call "fake" tea, (Peak, Lipton, etc.) I love homemade southern sweet tea and at the level of food being presented here agt Oakleys it deserves better.

So the food and experience was so good on Saturday I had to return with my wife and other family members and I had to try the Ribeye Philly Cheesesteak. It is easily the best cheesesteak I have ever experienced. We met the owners son Ryan, and Keith you can be very proud as he matched your level of service and communication with my family and other customers today.

We are now going to be loyal frequent return customers and you are really missing the boat if you don't give Oakleys Grille a try. This is a platinum operation and taste for sure.

Thank you Oakleys grille.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great family owned diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried Oakleys for the first time last week and were pleasantly surprised. We both had the burgers and they were amazing! Oakleys will cook your patty any way you like from still mooing to very very dead. The flavor is exceptional and the buns are fresh and delicious. Keith Oakley made our first visit wonderful. He was welcoming and ever so patient as we looked over the menu. We give Oakleys five forks! Give them a try. You won't be disappointed!

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Family Pride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Keith and his son Ryan Oakley have a reason to be proud... The food they serve at their establishment is of the highest quality... My Chicken Tacos (Hormone Free) was over flowing with corn and black bean salsa, feta cheese, avocado, cilantro and tomatoes, all for $7.49 My wife very much enjoyed her blackened Tilapia on fresh Cuban bread with lettace, vine ripe tomatoes and Chef Jayms homemade bourbon tarter sauce for an unbelievable price under $8... As though this wasn't enough the wonderful sweet potato fries coated with cinnamon with honey on the side for dipping was over the top... The owner Keith not only introduced himself to us when we arrived he came over to our table twice to make certain everything was okay... This is a hopping place that will be here for years...