“Excellent culinary experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,893 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Excellent culinary experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Loved everything here! We loved the lobster taco's (with house made tortillas), lobster bisque, chilean sea bass, pacific swordfish & the banana foster dessert! Hands down the best dessert I have ever had & Thats saying something! I would drive hours jut to have that dessert again! Service was great, manager was running around being attentive. atmosphere was fancy enough for a nice restaurant but not to stiff that you couldn't relax! We spent a good 2 hours or more on all 4 courses! We loved it!

• Visited July 2013

Marco Island, Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Celebrated our anniversary and from the minute we walked in, we were treated like royalty. Great service, fabulous food and wonderful atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
“Fine dining and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I went to have a light dinner. The hostess was very nice. The waitress greeted us by our names. Very polite and very profesional.

The place has electic decor.

We had the Maine Lobter bisque and the Mushroom salad. Both were fantastic , Their signature martini was perfect.

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“perfect for special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I went here on our anniversary, which she had mentiones when making the reservation. We were led to a table with red rose petals scattered on the table cloth. This started the evening off great. The food however was even better. We shared the soft shell crab appy which was as good as any that I have ever had. For our entrees, i had the Alaskan Halibut which was a large portion, cooked perfectly with great taste. My wife had the Ahi tuna which was similarly very large, cooked perfectly and excellent quality. Service was attentive even though our waitress was "ditzy". She described the crab as "flown in all the way from Maryland". I almost said "Thats better than flying it 1/2 way and have it swim the other half". She was proud to tell us where some of the seafood was from, so I asked her " where my Alaskan Halibut was from". She looked at her notes and said, "Alaska". The dinner was one of the best i have had recently and I would return in a heart beat. While it was expensive, it was worth it

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Crab & Corn chowder- you'll want to lick the bowl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went to Eddie V's for wife's birthday. Hadn't been there before but had heard some good things about the other locations and wanted to give it a try. It did not disappoint. Service was excellent, which is difficult when you've got other big tables in your section, but our waiter (whose name unfortunately escapes me) was attentive, personable and had great timing with everything.

Despite the simplicity of mixology, you CAN screw up a cocktail (how many times has someone had a cocktail they wonder if there's alcohol in it or alternatively, you get a shot disguised as a cocktail). They didn't. As a Manhattan drinker, one of the best I'd had and since I always select the same bourbon, it's about the bartender.

We shared the truffled steak tartare, which was as good as anything at Bern's- excellent. The aforementioned crab and corn chowder, was worth the visit by itself. It is not hyperbole to say that we wanted to lick the bowls with its wonderful flavor....crab, corn, and of course, bacon, all wrapped up in a velvety cream broth. Yum. I don't want to know the caloric content of the chowder, but for the night, we suspended disbelief and assumed it was healthy.

I ordered the Louisiana Redfish for the main course, mainly because it is so rare to see it on a menu and I was curious to see how a professional chef would prepare it in comparison to the ways I would cook those that I catch. It was elegantly prepared- the meuniere style was awesome.

All in all, a great visit and surprisingly, a less expensive night out than expected. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013