“Mr and Mrs. Leegan” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lobelville, Tennessee
“Mr and Mrs. Leegan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this motel for 26 days while my husband worked near by.
The main building is really nice and clean.
The front dest was always helpful and professional...
Thank you to Francisco and Megan who made it easy and fun to be 13 hours from home.
One night after going out to shop we lost our parking spot and my husbands truck being a large truck we didn't want to park in the lower parking lot Francisco moved his car for us to park!
Patric is awesome as well! Nice and helpful in every way.
John the maintenance man. (Covered) everything we needed...
Thank you all so much....

Great place to stay
Mr. & Mrs. Leegan

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Have stayed at dozens of 6's in virtually every state, since we travel extensively with our dogs. Have seen the "worst" and have now experienced the best.

Stayed here for a full week and actually enjoyed the comfort. The rooms are double the size of the average 6. There is a refrigerator and microwave, nice TV with nearly a hundred stations, sitting area with dining table, very large/roomy dresser, and large bathroom sink for toiletries. The beds are extremely comfortable.

The pool is sparkling clean with the perfect temperature. They have a business center with two public computers and printers. The Brandon neighborhood is safe, and you can walk to both restaurants and shopping. Their staff is friendly and professional. Our dogs were warmly welcomed. And the price is that of the "average" Motel 6.

To top it off, all of the rooms are being renovated (including hardwood floors). Our room had not yet been started, and to be honest I didn't even see the need. It was perfectly fine the way it was.

For those reviewers who complain, you obviously don't stay at many Motel 6's. This is "economy", pet-friendly lodging. If it were a hundred bucks per night, I'd give them two or three stars at best. But at $45 per night, the comfort and value earns them five.

Stayed June 2014
Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stay in a lot of Motel 6's because we travel with our dog and they are very pet friendly. This property is in need of an update and make-over. The rooms and furnishings are well worn. Our room was semi-clean but nicely equipped with a fridge, micro, and, safe. It's in a decent neighborhood and plenty of eating spots are within walking distance. Lots of room for a truck and/or trailer. Would I stay here again - probably.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300's are in the back bldg and pretty quiet. Trucks and working guys/gals park back...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The room I got was very nice and clean and included a fridge, microwave, one of those safe things and a big TV. They did seem to vacuum too frequently in the halls, but they only started at like 11 or so when most people should be awake--me, I was suffering from jet lag. The room service folks also seemed to like psychically know when you were in and out of your room, which was creepy but convenient.

Overall, I thought it was great for the price. Some other reviewers said it was dirty but I didn't run into a single bug or smudge anywhere. Really nice. Some noise because it's next to a big road, but if you bring some ear plugs you'll be fine.

Oh, one last thing--the pool wasn't really running, but it was March and cool out so I don't think anyone wanted to swim. I still sat by it and read.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room without a sliding door leading outside if you want to feel safer.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very dirty, we spent a lot of time keeping things off the disgusting carpet. Bugs all over the place, beds where very hard and pillows where terrible. Outside the patio there where cigarette butts all over seriously all over the patio, parking lot it was terrible!!! All it would take is a leaf blower to make it at least a little better, no pride at all, lazy. Any way never going to stay there again even if the rate was low, was very hard to sleep when bugs where crawling all over, not to mention the air handler not working.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a disgusted unsafe motel. I had to leave and go to a different hotel (Quality Inn). Bums and drug addicts everywhere. Disgusting and filty. I have stayed at other Motel 6's and I never had such a bad experience. There was throw up in the parking lot, a woman laying on the floor in the hallway (very high), a man screaming at her, and pubic hairs on the pillows. My husband thought it was disugsting as well and my son was scared. We left and I was told they voided the charge but 4 days later and the charges are still on my account. I called and they said even though the transcation was voided the money wont be credited until atleast Monday. THIS PLACE SUCKS DO NOT GO. Quality Inn closeby was beautiful, accommodating, safe, spacious and comfortable. Only 10 dollars more. I never write reviews but felt compelled to as this can be a real pain when traveling just wanting to have a good time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Deland,Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Not the average, small, funky Motel 6. The room was large. The decor was better than the typical "6". We had a microwave and fridge in the room. It had a few problems like stained chairs and carpet not quite right at the edges. However, compared to the "6" we stayed at the next night it was a palace.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!