“Feels Like Home!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Feels Like Home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have spent a lot of time at this hotel in the past 3 months. My wife, son, and I have been wanting to relocate to the Tampa/Brandon area for a while and we have been to town several times for interviews and even spent an entire week here just getting to know the area, going to the beach, Busch Gardens, etc. Each time, we would always stay at the Days Inn Tampa/Brandon.

After finding a job in the area, I needed a hotel to stay in to begin working while we looked for houses and got prepared to move our stuff from back home. I once again stayed at this hotel since I had such a pleasant experience the last time. I had to stay there for 3 weeks while things were being prepared to go to our new home. Again, the experience was great.

My room was always very clean, it was cleaned every day by the housekeeping staff, there was always a great selection of breakfast foods in the morning to start our days, the pool was very nice and relaxing, I had wi-fi in my room and they had a business center if I needed to print anything. For the price we paid, it was a superior value.

The thing that keeps us coming back and remaining loyal though is the staff. Everything we need or ask for is taken care of, from the guest services people to the cleaning staff, to the hotel manager. As one person mentioned in another review, they don't just do their job, they sincerely care about the guests.

One staff member specifically goes even more above and beyond in her job duties. Adonna L. is always there to help us with whatever we need. In addition, she always talks to us like people, not hotel guests. She will ask what we did today, how our son is doing, offer suggestions on where we should look for houses, etc. One example of her dedication is that we had arrived late one night after driving for 14 hours with a 2 year old to get here. She saw he was asleep in the car and ran down to our room with a crib and had it set up before we could get parked and get into the room. Now that is service. We were so surprised to walk into the room and see his crib, ready to go. We were like, how in the world did she do that?

I am so thankful that we found a great temporary home at this Days Inn and to have a great staff to take care of our needs. Thank you guys and keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is older, but kept in good repair. It is clean - especially the mattresses, pillows and bathrooms.
The price was the best the area had to offer.
It is noisy because the doors slam when they close, so if there are families, kids seem to not be able to stay in or out.
We stayed for 2 days - I guess the cleaning staff thought that meant they did not have to clean the room, because they went home without cleaning. Not the worst problem which can happen, but inconsiderate.
The front desk clerk was very informative, efficient and friendly each time we spoke with her; her name was Corina. Great job!
Bar fridge, microwave, hairdryer, safe, tv, a/c and lots of storage and space.
Beds have these great big mattress pads which make them super comfy!

Room Tip: Top floor towards the back to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were dead tired from driving all day, and picked up a coupon book from a visitor center. Decided to stay at the Days Inn at Brandon. The room was clean, and everything was in good working order. They had free wifi and it was fast. Price was reasonable, and the place was quickly booking up. When we arrived around 7:00 PM, they only had 6 rooms left. Was happy to get a room. It's an older hotel, but was in good condition. Breakfast consisted of waffles, cereals, toast, fruit, the usual breakfast. Looked like a lot of people staying here had relatives in the nearby hospital or they, themselves, had been hospitalized but were not released by the doctors to leave the area. Seemed to have a lot of senior people staying here. Our room was very quiet. We always request a room on the top floor. They automatically charge $1 for their safe use, which we did not use, nor did we notice this charge until we had left the area, so watch out for that. Would probably stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The room wasn't clean when we got there, and wasn't cleaned much while we were there. I was just back from Iraq, and the hotel was so noisy I couldn't sleep for three nights. We ended up at another hotel down the street. There were a couple dozen kids running up and down the hall until 4 am every night banging on doors, eating pizza in the hall, yelling and basically living in the hallway. After several calls each night management still would not do anything. I filed a complaint with Days Inn corporate and still did not get a response. You would be better off getting a room in downtown Baghdad than staying at this hotel. Save yourself the headaches -- spend a little more money and get a much better hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

The room had a smell, did not seem clean. We figured, it's only one night so did not take the necessary precautions to check for bed bugs...BAD MISTAKE!
I began to see bites immediately after I came back. I took me about 3 weeks to find them in my mattress. I called the hotel and they denied having them, The manager even said an exterminator came to do an inspection and found nothing. Somehow I find that hard to believe because he called me within a few hours of me calling him. If you choose to stay, keep in mind that saving a few bucks is now costing me over $1000 in extermination fees.
Not a happy camper!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We booked a single night stay here for convenience after a gig and a trip to Busch Gardens the next day.

The checkin girl was very sullen. She didn't tell us about checkin times or breakfast times but we knew that stuff from the website so weren't too bothered.

The room was clean and comfortable (what do you expect from a budget hotel?) despite looking a little worn from the outside. The shower was confusing but I worked it out in the end (you have to pull the temp control OUT to get the water started).

The business center had a high speed internet connection which was great.

Breakfast was simple (pastries, toast, DIY waffles) but that was all we needed. Best thing was that it was right next to a Wendy's which was great when we rolled back from the gig drunk and hungry!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family and I decided to vacation in Florida this year and we really wanted to have a great time on a minimum budget.

Shortly after we checked into the Days Inn, Tampa State Fairgrounds, my wife noticed there was no microwave in our room and asked me to take our 2 year old son's bottle to the office and ask if they have one we may warm the bottle for bed time.

The night clerk, Adonna L., was sincerely willing to help us- it was her tone of voice and the immediate attention to our needs. Addona came to our room and saw for herself there was no microwave and right away she carried a microwave from an unoccupied room and installed it in ours right away.

Some would argue that she was simply doing her job. I would say that it was not the microwave issue she resolved that impressed me, it was Addona's genuine interest and care that really made a great impression.

Its not just what you do that matters, its also how it gets done. Great job Addona, and thank you Days Inn for hiring staff like her!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
howieoh, General Manager at Motel 6 Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we will continue to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I’m glad that Adonna was most helpful in taking care of your needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Motel 6 Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!