“Authentic Vietnamese food, nice quiet atmosphere, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon Bay Vietnamese Restaurant

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
New Port Richey, Florida
“Authentic Vietnamese food, nice quiet atmosphere, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We have been looking for a Vietnamese place to eat since the local one closed. I found this one online, and the ratings looked pretty good, so we headed out! They have a sizeable menu which states "All entrees prepared fresh at time of order", and the interior is nicely decorated with bamboo. It seemed pretty quiet and relaxing as well.
We ordered the pork rolls for an appetizer. These are the clear cool rice wraps with noodles, veggies and meat in them - VERY tasty. For the main course, I ordered the vermicelli bowl with pork and fried spring roll, my wife had the beef and noodle soup, and we picked a dish called "rice congee" for our young son. It's a chicken and rice soup that was huge, and really tasty. We had a lot left over for him to eat at home later! We also enjoyed the jasmine tea.
It's a little far from where we live, but I was in the area last week with friends and they enjoyed eating there (two days in a row!).
Overall, I think this is a great place to eat a tasty meal in a relaxing environment!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding food, Good service, Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had dinner there about a week ago. The main thing to remember is that the food is amazing, but does not fully describe the ingredients in the dishes. So, you should ask in advance what is used in the recipe. For instance, I got the Saigon Bay chicken special, which was an outstanding sauce and top quality meat and vegetables---but the vegetables were almost entirely onions and peppers, which I should have asked about in advance. Booths are much nicer than the tables. Partner got amazing shrimp curry--very very tasty.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I go to Saigon Bay quite a lot, because the food is amazing, the place is always really clean and the service is consistently excellent. I've been going there for almost six years and I've never had a bad meal. My wife is a vegetarian and there is always a great selection for her; personally, I can recommend the shaking beef and the soft shell crab appetizer. Everything on the menu is great, though; you really can't go wrong. PS--Saigon Bay is located in strip mall on Fowler Avenue and doesn't look like much from the outside. Don't let that fool you; it's a great place to eat.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Really good Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Very pleasantly surprised by this place. Good fresh food and a wide variety to try. The waitress was very knowledgeable and knows what foods might not appeal to someone who isn't used to eating Vietnamese food. I'd certainly go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service was excellent, food was superb. Family ordered talapia, soup based dishes and sides...loved it!

• Visited August 2011