“have to have the fried banana dessert” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Branford, Connecticut
“have to have the fried banana dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we were only in tampa for a couple of days last nov. my dau picked this restaurant after reading reviews as she loves thai food. the restaurant wasn't much to look at from the outside, but the inside was lovely. great service & food, but it was the dessert that sealed the excellent review. would def eat here again if in tampa.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Trinity, Florida
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading the good reviews about this restaurant we decided to go. There are two rooms, the main dining room and a room set up Japanese style with cushions and low tables. That was the highlight , it wa clean looking and very pretty. A waitress came right away with menus and I noticed that the menu didn't have any of the items that I had seen online that I wanted and that the prices were higher on the menu in the restaurant. That being said we still found plenty to choose from. After taking our order and bring our drinks. We never saw our waitress again. Someone else who didn't speak any English brought out food that didn't belong to us and after shaking my head she knew enough to pick it back up off the table and take it to some else. Our food came out and it was good but I thought not worth the price. We didn't see anither waitress again. No one checked to see if we needed anything and I had to get up and go in the other room to the sushi chef to ask for our check. I'm disappointed because I wanted to like this restaurant enough to go back but with so many restaurants to choose from I cannot give this one a thumbs up.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Just OK.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love Thai restaurants and I thought I would give this one a try. This one is on Highlands Preserve in New Tampa. It is a new 'sister' restaurant to the one on Dale Mabry. It was difficult to find. The sign was posted on the mall sign on Bruce B. Downs but it was not in the mall. It was in the second entrance on Highlands Preserve Parkway. Once inside we found a very small dining room with about 6 or 7 regular tables. There was a second dining area that was all the type of 5 tables where you sit on the floor on pillows. We were game and tried the floor seating.
The service was ok but it seemed unorganized. It almost seemed like a fast food establishment that decided to go with table service instead of counter service. The food was just OK. I think the prices were a bit high for the quality of food we got. We had the chicken pad thai and the spicy noodles with beef (green curry). The chicken was a bit dry and seemed like maybe it was precooked and just added to the noodles and sauce. The beef was better than the chicken pad thai but I really wasn't impressed.
The atmosphere was a little plain and it reminded me of an adobe type building.
Basically, we will continue our quest to find more great Thai restaurants in Tampa, this one isn't among them.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falmouth, Maine
“Definitely on my return list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The entire experience is now listed as one of the best Thai restaurants for me. Loved the jazz background music.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Inverness, Florida
“Best Thai in Central Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We go to Sukhothai every time we are in the area, and we've even driven the 60 miles just to eat. The spring rolls are so fresh that when you break one open the bean sprouts are still fresh, not even wilted. Their soups are very good and I've never had an entree that I haven't enjoyed. They will make any entree to your spiciness level. We will continue to visit as often as we can.

• Visited July 2012