“Best food on Davis Island” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #288 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Tampa, Florida, USA
“Best food on Davis Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Dave the owner does an incredible job at this quaint little restaurant that has quickly become a Davis Island fave... The Asian chicken salad is a must have...

Visited September 2013

Tampa, FL
“Excellent Restaurant on Davis Islands near downtown Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Located on beautiful Davis Islands near downtown Tampa, this restaurant has become a favorite of locals. The food is always quality and the atmosphere is friendly from the owners Dave and Nui, to the staff who really enjoy serving their clientele. The fish and chips is to die for and the soups are always beyond good. Prices are very reasonable for the caliber and quantity you receive. Take out boxes are in order. As an extra, this place is a favorite for New York Yankee players living in the vicinity, so you never know who you may see.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Lunch on Davis Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Discovered 220 East with a group from lunch this week. Service was excellent, we had a party of 12, and the food was very good. Everyone tried different items but the dishes with alfredo sauce seemed to be the big winner. I went with a cajun chicken salad which had a lot chicken and good fresh greens. I will be back to try dinner but it is a good find for those that are not familiar with Davis Island/Tampa. You can't miss on this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average to Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have eaten here throughout the years. I would rate it average to good. The seafood seems to always be pretty good. Last time I was the I ordered steak. It was just okay. The service is always attentive and courteous. 220 East is on the high side for value. This is a local restaurant, and there are a lot of restaurants now on Davis Island. This restaurant seems to be stuck in the same gear. I will try something else next time I'm there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
“What a great night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week in Clearwater enjoying the gulf's beaches. The night before our flight back to Jersey, we decided to have a date night at 220 East based on good online reviews.
We got there, didn't have to wait for a table and sat outside because of a perfect weather. I had the Crab stuffed tilapia and my wife had the Grilled chicken ravioli. We couldn"t be happier with our food! It was so tasty that we cleaned our dishes.
Service was good. Our server was Ashley. She was very friendly and did not put pressure on us to order fast. She even explained some itens on the menu. Thumbs up for her!
Next time in town, 220 East will be a mandatory stop!

• Visited April 2013