“I liked it.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Saint Robert, Missouri
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great food....the place is very small but the food is worthy...I would recommend to take the food to go..but I totally recommend it.Also...the place has a good history.

Visited August 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“FAMOUS for their Cuban Sandwich and Deviled Crab!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We found this FUN place to eat on TRIP ADVISOR!! My husband has lived in the Tampa area for over 40 years and he had never heard of Brocato's.
I guess I have tried probably 6 different Cuban sandwiches thru the years and this is NOW my all-time favorite place to go for one.
My husband and I decided to split a 12" sandwich and one of their speciality deviled crabs (softball size). Both were DELICIOUS and we still brought home I/2 of our sandwich home for leftovers.
They open 7:30 AM for breakfast and close at 6:00 PM.
Can't to go back!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Brocato's Sandwhich Shop - an East Tampa Treasure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Although I've lived in the Tampa Bay area for over 40 years, until last week I had never visited Brocato's. Offering the "Devil Crab" as it is locally known, this enormous offering is the size of a child's nerf football ! Lightly panko crusted and with a very thin crust, this massive 'devil' has a minimum of filler and a maximum of crab meat ! Likewise, Brocato's Cuban sandwiches depart from the ordinary Cubans in having a very high meat to bread ratio...and a variety of meats not seen on conventional Cubans. The mass and wieght of a 6 inch sandwich strains credulity. It would help if one could unhinge one's jaw like a python, in order to comfortably take the first bite. Atmosphere is casual and marked by a continual stream of patrons flowing in and out with seating both in the air-conditioned interior and outside on a variety of covered porches. WOW.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa
“Authentic taste of Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The BEST Cuban sandwich period. You have not had a Cuban sandwich until you have been to Brocatos. After your visit, every other sandwich just does not measure up. Mike Brocato continues to run the family business in such a manner that you feel like a visiting member of the Brocato’s family. If you do not like Cuban sandwiches, I WOULD definitely recommend the CHICKEN PARM sandwich, wow!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Incredible Deviled Crab. Great Sandwiches. Mediocre Atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Just happened to be in the area and was looking for a quick, good lunch. Recommendations all pointed here. Great advice.

This "sandwich shop" has way more to offer on its menu. Two of us split a couple things so we could sample. The Cuban sandwich was as good as any in Miami. The Deviled Crab ball was amazing. I'd go back just for that. The Philly Cheese steak was better than Pat's or Geno's or Kampo's in Philadelphia.

The service was friendly and fast. There wasn't enough seating, so everyone was hovering as try waited for orders.

I'll visit again when in Tampa.

• Visited June 2013