“Authentic taste of Tampa” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Tampa
“Authentic taste of Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The BEST Cuban sandwich period. You have not had a Cuban sandwich until you have been to Brocatos. After your visit, every other sandwich just does not measure up. Mike Brocato continues to run the family business in such a manner that you feel like a visiting member of the Brocato’s family. If you do not like Cuban sandwiches, I WOULD definitely recommend the CHICKEN PARM sandwich, wow!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Neenah, Wisconsin
“Incredible Deviled Crab. Great Sandwiches. Mediocre Atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Just happened to be in the area and was looking for a quick, good lunch. Recommendations all pointed here. Great advice.

This "sandwich shop" has way more to offer on its menu. Two of us split a couple things so we could sample. The Cuban sandwich was as good as any in Miami. The Deviled Crab ball was amazing. I'd go back just for that. The Philly Cheese steak was better than Pat's or Geno's or Kampo's in Philadelphia.

The service was friendly and fast. There wasn't enough seating, so everyone was hovering as try waited for orders.

I'll visit again when in Tampa.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“Now that's a Cuban sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Every time I return to Tampa, I long for a Cuban sandwich as delicious as those I remember from my childhood visits to Ybor City. Our last visit to Tampa Mother's Day weekend was no exception. This time, our family decided to try the famed Brocato's in east Tampa. As we entered the parking lot, we realized many had the same idea. The inside dining room was crammed with people...mostly in two two long lines, one for call-ahead orders and the other for walk-up orders. We were sure it would take a long time to order and get our food. The amazing efficiency of the staff proved our hypothesis wrong. Within just a few minutes our name was called and the real treat began. Finally! I found the perfect sandwich! The Cuban was packed with slabs of the various meats piled high in perfect proportion and gently pressed as ordered. It was absolutely scrumptious! My dad also ordered one of their famous devil crabs, which was huge as well as delicious. I highly recommend a visit to Brocato's; it's quite an experience!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Villages, FL
“THE Cuban sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went to high school in Tampa, but never had visited Brocato's. So much for the tiny universe of teenagers in those days. Now back in Florida after 40 years in Maryland, I found this sandwich shop on Internet search while stopping off in Tampa on the way back to The Villages on 04/13. It was amazing. Of all the Cuban sandwiches I have tried in Tampa and other places in Florida over these many years, this is the best by far. The place was still crowded at 3 pm with patrons devouring various dishes which all were so tempting, but I was intent on their Cuban sandwich. My mouth is still thanking me days later. I can't wait to take my wife there. I might add a devil crab to my sandwich order since I remember when the guy on the scooter with the hot box in front driving up to our school selling them way back when. Don't miss the modest place with friendly owners and great food. Among sandwich shops, this place is excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tieton wa
“OMG what a sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in clearwater visiting my daughter and she wanted us to try a Cuban sandwich from here. When we drove up to sandwich shop it was not much to look at buy knew right off that it must be good. We were there about 1pm and the line was out the door which did move rather quickly. The time in line is a great time to look at all the different offerings on the menu and they all looked lips smaking good. When it came time to order we all ordered Cuban sandwich one each small, regular, and large, I also one deviled crab. After ordering it took about 25 minutes or more for our order to be made, the cuban sandwiches and deviled crab were well worth the wait. The large sandwich was so big I only at half of it and I'm a big guy. I took the rest home for a midnight snack.(even better then) The menu has an option of a regular Cuban sandwich and a deviled crab which would have been prefect for finishing everything there. Like one of the reviews stated the line seemed to die down around 2pm and would be a better time to show up for a meal if time is not on your side or you can phone in your order and then pick it up. There were some comments about how clean the shop was well you put around 60 people in your kitchen make them all sandwiches and the cubian sandwich is not a neat one and what mess happens. I watched a lady clean everything over and over again the whole time I was in the shop..I will go back again on my next visit

• Visited March 2013