“Delicious lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Salem, Oregon
“Delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Highly recommend "smoked pork in coconut milk." Two people sharing 2-3 items from this appetizer menu would have an outstanding, tasty light lunch. I thought the " bun bo Hue" soup was below par, but lots of other options are on their extensive menu (which you can look at on their website.) Service was cheerful and prompt. Simple white furniture and cloths give the restaurant an outdoor cafe feel. If I lived in Tampa, this would be a regular lunch spot for me!
By the way, the sign on the street doesn't include "Trang" and we had difficulty spotting this good little restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Liked it at first but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't have gone there if a friend wouldn't have recommended it. We went there several times to eat and take out and my wife finally told me she wasn't crazy about the place.
The inside is very much like an average Asian restaurant (like over there) , no style, basic decoration, waiter just ok.
Having been in several Asian countries that didn't bother me. What did bother me however is the second cockroach in my food and barely and apology and not to mention the fact that the last time we went there another group found a roach in the food as well. I decided not to go there anymore.
I understand it's Florida, they're Asian and not chocked by roaches as we are but if I wanted to eat insects I would do it on my terms.
All in all I liked the food but the overall roach/don't give a hoot experience drove me away from this place. Too bad.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“GREAT FOOD. VEGAN & VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY! EVEN HOSTS A VEGAN DINNER ONCE A MONTH. GO SUPPORT IT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I went to Trang Viet the first time a few months ago for the monthly vegan dinner buffet that is hosted here. Its an open meetup to socialize and dine with like minded people. Its held on the second saturday of every month and the food is AWESOME! Plus, its only 14 bucks for soup, dinner, drink, dessert and tip! Everyday regular menu is seperated by veg and non veg and they have PAGES of veg and vegan options, even a vegan carrot cake and cheesecake! Yum! This place deserves some support for their effort and delicious food. Go support them is my recommendation. *thumbs up*

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Awesome noodles, great service, awesome vegan desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I went to Trang Viet with my husband for an early dinner. Everything was fantastic. Ok, the decor leaves something to be desired, but that really was to be expected. The music was pretty cool - old blues and 1930's stuff. We had the autumn vegan rolls, and two types of vegan noodle dishes, all of which were excellent. We also ordered a glass of wine and the amazing vegan chocolate cheesecake. The service was fantastic, and the bill came to less than $41!

Visited May 2012
Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We've frequented Trang for about 15 or more years now & have never been disappointed. Everything is fresh & flavorful. Awesome summer rolls w/ peanut sauce or winter rolls w/ that lovely plum dipping sauce. The Pho is incredibly comforting. The grilled pork over noodles is wonderful & the jasmine tea is serenity in a cup. Love, love, love this place. Trang is such a lovely host & he is very attentive to his customers. I can't speak highly enough of him or the great food he serves!

• 5 of 5 stars Food