“Great Food, Great Martinis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bernini Restaurant

Bernini Restaurant
1702 East 7th Ave., Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
813-248-0099
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Great Food, Great Martinis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited Bernini's with a group of 30 fellow RVers. To arrive with such a crowd definitely presents unique challenges. The seating, as a consequence, was a bit crowded, and the noise level in the restaurant was a bit loud. Our waitress was somewhat hindered by the crowded conditions, but she coped beautifully and was very efficient and friendly. The food proved to be excellent in quality and quantity. I had the tortolini carbonara which was served with very good sliced Italian sausage and crispy pancetta, and roasted pistacios. My wife ordered the salmon and was more than pleased. She said it was very moist, cooked just right, and very flavorful - this from a woman who spent ten summers in Alaska eating tons of salmon. Now for the kicker. Weeknights between 4 and 7, all the entrees and pasta dished are half price. The vodka martinis are all $2.00. Appetizers were $4.00 each. We had Beef Carpaccio and it was excellent. We plan to visit this restaurant again when we are in the area.

• Visited January 2014

83% Recommend
“Hits and misses, but worth the experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

$2 martinis were strong, which is how we like them! The mango was delicious but the Cosmo wasn't good. BBQ chicken pizza was yummy. The beef carpaccio was not good and was covered in greens with more capers than beef. Loved the atmosphere and architecture! You can walk in and think you are in a different country. Beautiful staircase and really unique pizza oven.

Visited January 2014
Fayetteville, West Virginia
“Average Italian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I will preface this by saying I'm a bit fussy about my Italian food. I ordered the caesar salad with oysters and although the portion was nicely sized, I found it over dressed. I also ordered the pasta special for the night. It was again nicely portioned and flavorful; it just wasn't much better then what I can make myself.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“The best! A must!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

my boyfriend and I made reservations for New Years Eve and we arrived a bit early so we sat at the downstairs bar....big mistake! the blonde bartender with short hair was not professional at all....for such a nice place I thought she would of been. I asked for a Manhattan but what she brought tasted more like a bourbon and coke and just by her alone I wasn't going to write such a good review but that all changed once we were seated upstairs (highly recommend!)
the restaurant had another bar upstairs with a professional bartender which was a good thing because if there wasn't I wouldn't of ordered another drink from the bartender downstairs ( the bartender downstairs was not a good bartender...I saw her sneeze in her hand and pick up two martini glasses for customers...yuck!) I ordered the shrimp pasta dish which was great but my boyfriend ordered the Crispy duck which was amazing!!! I will be coming back for that!! our waiter was Jason who was a first class waiter....very nice and helpful! him and the food is why I am giving this place 5 stars!
* sit upstairs, ask for Jason as your waiter and don't go to the downstairs bar

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Reasonably priced Italian in Ybor City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great neighborhood to explore - 1 of 3 historic districts in the state. We sat outside and enjoyed our meal and the people watching. Restaurant is housed in a former bank building. Excellent waitress. Salads we shared were split without asking and were fresh and delicious. Osso Buco and Grouper were 2 of the highlights for entrees. A very enjoyable evenig and only about 10-15 minute drive from downtown Tampa. Great happy hour until 7pm with $2 martinis and half off entrees - can't beat that!

• Visited December 2013