“Mjcool147” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bernini Restaurant

Bernini Restaurant
1702 East 7th Ave., Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
813-248-0099
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
“Mjcool147”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great Italian restaurant, food is very tasty. It's in the heart of Ybor City and has a great happy hour.

Visited October 2012

“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

excellent food, pleasant environment and reasonable pricing. consider it for lunch. easy to park nearby

Visited January 2013
dallas fort worth
“Veal Chop & Crispy Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Everyone raves about the happy hour and it's true, who can complain about half price anything. We went for the $2 martinis, I mean really? ...$2 martinis? We sat at the bar and enjoyed the thinly shaved beef carpacia while sipping several of the Finlandia slightly dirty and dirty martinis. Although expertly made, a bit short on the pour but hey, they are $2. You might want to request extra crostini as they served us '4' with a platter of the the carpaccio. The white truffle balsamic drizzle was delicious. We had no problem getting good food service and drink refills. While there, we happened to see a huge veal chop delivered to the patron sitting next to us. After that we decided to change our reservation the next night and return. Upon our return which was at 6 pm on a Wednesday they were much busier than the previous night however, the host promptly cleared a table before we could even pay our bar tab. Our server, Jim, was prompt and attentive. The entrees were half price and I thought a good value even at full price. The Veal was a 9, if it had been as large as the one we had seen the night before a perfect 10. The duck was moist without being greasy but I rate it a 8 because it was not quite as crispy as I expected. I opted for the sweet potatoes and asparagus as opposed to the goat cheese mashed potatoes. The sweetness of the potatoes lent a nice touch to the duck and the sauce over the duck was just the right touch of sweet without being overpowering. The salads were full price but quite delicious. The Mista ($7) and the 17th Street ($10) were average size but just the right amount of dressing and looked as appetizing as they tasted. I would go back and try the duck again but this time I would make a special request for the extra crispiness and I feel certain that request would be fulfilled.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Great food and decent prices in the heart of Ybor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had dinner here recently with some friends and enjoyed the atmosphere and food quite a bit. They were running a happy hour special until 7 pm where all pasta dishes were half price, so it was under 20 dollars for our clams and linguine. House salads was one of the best I have ever eaten and the wine was fairly priced at $28 dollars a bottle (for a decent Californai Chardonnay). My only issue is parking, there is no valet and street parking down there is hopeless - the hostess was utterly unhelpful in terms of pointing me to a place to go, although one of the servers eventually stepped up and told me to park at the bank across the street ($6). I would eat here again, especially if they get a valet service or more useful hostesses.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Ybor Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Best restaurant for early dining. $2 Finlandia Martinis until 7pm and half price entrees and pasta dishes. Can get crowded, fun to sit at a sidewalk table and see the sights of Ybor. Excellent food and attention to detail. We are frequent diners, never disappointed! I used 2 $$ for cost if you go before 7pm, after can get pricey with drinks and dessert. Like most upscale restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere