“Exactly what I expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bernini Restaurant

Bernini Restaurant
1702 East 7th Ave., Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
813-248-0099
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Eclectic, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
“Exactly what I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stopped in at Bernini alone tonight while my friend attended a concert at The Ritz just down and across t the street. I, was feeling a desire for some Italian food and saw that Bernini on Seventh had almost a full restaurant on a Tuesday night. That, for me, was a good sign. I grabbed a table for one and ordered a glass of chianit to get started. I, a hopeless history buff, instantly loved the room The old 1800s Bank of Ybor City Building, not overdone and snooty, but dark and cavernous, haunted with quiet reminicences of days gone by with what appeared to be origonal lighting fixtures (?) suited my mood for something something authentic and distinctly local. The menu was appealing, not particularly overly priced and offering a variety of typically Italian choices...creative salads and appetizers, wood fired pizzas, classical appetizers..so far, so good. I asked the server about the poached pear salad with arugala and goat cheese. "Are the pears poached here?" He was honest and said that he would ask the chef. When He returned and informed me that the chef was poaching pears at that very moment, my mind was made up. I had the salad and a wild mushroom pizza. Both were EXACTLY what I expected...delicious. They understated and overdelivered. BINGO! My advise: if you are looking for a good, casual dining experience in a restaurant with authentically local ambiance where the folks seem to really care about what they are serving...give this place a try. The service was polite and professional...not overly familiar and pushy. I dined alone in a full restaurant and was treated as if I were hosting a party of twenty...another good sign. Bernini, you have a guest for life! Thank you!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Parrish, Florida
“Great dinner for 1/2 price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Go early 4-7 pm for the 1/2 price entrees and martini's (Finlandia vodka). These are just ok.
I had the pistachio encrusted group with the honey/butter/marsala sauce and it was outstanding. Really tasty with no fishiness at all. Husband had the Yellow Fin tuna cooked perfectly which he also recommends. We arrived at 5:30 and it was packed by 6:00 PM. Service was very good and recommendations were right on but would have been overpriced if we had not gone for the early 1/2 price deal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Quite a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The placed was packed so we thought it would be good, it did not disappoint. The grouper crusted in pistachios was out of this world, the $2 martinis were a nice addition.

Visited January 2013
South Carolina
“Mediocre at best.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Concierge recommendation led us to Bernini. Ybor City location was nice and the interior was well done as it is an old bank building. The positive part of the review ends there. The waiter was just lost. Took forever to get drinks. When they arrived they were wrong. At one point he disappeared for almost 30 minutes. When he came back he said he had been looking for a bottle of wine. Food was good, not great. Sadly, poor service always trumps decent food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Good food if go during early evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Entrees are half price until 7PM. Portions are ample and good. Large parties are slow to be served but when discussed with manager, we were given free desserts. They do want you to have a good experience. My husband loves the lasagna.

Visited December 2012