“Overrated” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #430 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Tampa, Florida
“Overrated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The view is beautiful, found food to be tasteless, silverware and dishes cloudy, iced tea not good. The bugandy sauce looked as if it came out of a can. Used same batter for multiple appetizers which were tasteless. Fried green tomatoes slimy. For the amount of money that was spent would not reccommend going there ever. OVERRATED!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Great food, views and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was traveling for business when I decided I would eat out rather than take out in my room and I came across The Colonnade. This was by far, one of THE best restaurants I have ever been to. I was seating at a great corner table, which actually had windows in back of me and to the side, with nothing obstructing my views of the bay. It was beautiful! I had the crab imperial, which was fantastic. They brought me a basket of little muffins, which I thought was a great touch. I can't wait to get back to Tampa to go here. Tampa is a great city, one I could actually see myself retire in, and I can see why people like Florida after being here. Very nice!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrogate, Tennessee
“good food, avoid Ben”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food was good, tpical seafood atmosphere, our waiter splashed sauce all over a guest. A container of sauce dropped and splashed like a fountain all over one of the members of our party. Our waiter, Ben, did not seem the least bit concerned even though there was sauce all over the clothes and dripping from the hair of our friend. he finally handed over a spare napkin and eventually brought a warm damp towel. Still, after that you would think a manager would come check on things but that did not happen. It was a shame really because it spoiled what would have been a really nice dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Service.. Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food was great, and the atmosphere was great. The view was awesome. The staff was very friendly and good. When in Tampa that will be one of my food places to go.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pleasantville, New York
“Great Seafood with a View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been coming to the Colonnade for over 25 years on regular visits to my parents in the Tampa Bay area. I keep coming back because it is consistently good and justifiably a Tampa institution.
I love seafood andof course it is even better with a view. The Colonnade provides fresh local seafood - oysters, shrimp, grouper, scallops, crab, etc - at affordable prices. Others may offer similiar but not at these prices and hardly with this spectacular view of Tampa Bay The Colonnade is located right on Bayshore Blvd, which is considered one of America's most beautiful and elegant drives.
It is not elegant or fancy but it is quite nice to have either a special dinner or just an night of good food that you don't have to make yourself.
I was there once again today and had the sea scallops while my mother had the baked stuffed shrimp. We were both delighted once more with the generosity of the portions, the freshness of the seafood and the tasty preparation. They are also famous for the delightful little corn muffins in a basket that are simply srcumptious and small enough to allay guilt as you just might pop a half dozen into your mouth. I also love their conch chowder, which can win over even a dyed in the wool New Englander like me.
We went to Tampa today and were wondering where to have dinner. After ticking off a list of several places, my mom simp[ly said,"Let's just go to the Colonnade. I just love that place." Indeed. You can't go wrong and perhaps it will be your default place to go for seafood with a view.

• Visited November 2012