“Deli” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Brandon, Florida
“Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

"There is a reason this place is always packed.” This is my favorite Deli in Tampa. They have the best New Yorker Sandwich and fantastic soups of the day. Plus they have tons of pasta sides to choose from. Then there are the Desserts! I am not a big sweet tooth guy but everything I have had was amazing!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Orlando, Florida
“Something Just Isn't "Wright" About This Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon our visits to Tampa, my wife and I often drive past Wright's Gourmet House noticing the full parking lot. So we decided to stop in to experience it ourselves. Honestly, it isn't as good as any other deli we've visited. We tried their signature sandwich, the beef martini, with a side of shrimp pasta salad as well as a side of veggie pasta salad. The sandwich was rather blah; rare roast beef with sautéed mushrooms and bacon. The bread was okay but was just sliced white bread you can get anywhere. The mushrooms were heated right in front of us but were somehow cold and tasteless. (Perhaps a little horseradish and/or cheese would have helped.) The veggie pasta salad was loaded with what may have been parmesan cheese (too much) and, unfortunately, I kept tasting it all afternoon. On a good note, the shrimp pasta salad was quite tasty and well-seasoned. Also, the Hawaiian princess cupcake was good. It consisted of dense yellow cake filled with pineapple topping (the kind you put over ice cream) iced with cream cheese frosting. And NO plain unsweetened iced tea, just flavored (mango, orange, etc.)...what? Better deli choices: Earl Of Sandwich, Toojay's, and Wawa, just to name a few.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
WrightsGourmetHouse, Owner at Wright's Gourmet House, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I apologize for your disappointing visit. We clearly made the Beef Martini wrong because it needs piping hot mushrooms to melt the garlic butter and give the sandwich the "pop" it's known for. While our butter-crust white is the original recipe, I prefer pumpernickle and we also offer whole wheat, rye, onions rolls, and Cuban bread.

Would you allow me the opportunity to mend fences? If so, please call me at 813-253-3838 x22.

Jeff Mount
Tampa, Florida
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had an office function with sandwiches, veggie and dessert tray catered. Excellent! A little pricey, but well worth it. You won't be disappointed. The cream cheese chocolate brownies were divine!

Visited May 2013
“My first stop when I arrive inTampa. fyi... There is a reason this place is always packed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to get great food. Larger than normal portions, price is right,service is great, best coconut cream pie ever! Need to check it out!

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great Food & Dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The sandwiches are just piled high, and the dessert. What kind I say! They are absolutely wonderful! Hugh pieces of cake that are just yummy! I'd just get the dessert most times, forget the food. :)

Visited March 2013