“Soft and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,066 Restaurants in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tampa, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Soft and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The service was outstanding and steak was one of the best I have ever had. This is a great place to eat! The server was wonderful and was very helpful. I recommend this place as a special treat for those special events.

• Visited July 2013

FL
“Can't Wait Till Next Year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary last evening the same way we have for the last 10 years or so, by dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It's our once-a-year splurge and it has yet to disappoint. The steaks are the best I have EVER eaten, the shrimp is cooked and seasoned to perfection (again, no other shrimp I have tasted compares!), the sweet potato casserole and the broiled tomatoes are heavenly. The service was stellar.

We have dined at other Ruth Chris restaurants in Indianapolis, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Louisville and must say we like the ambiance of the Tampa restaurant the best. Keep up the good work!

(the only disappointment during this visit was not getting a complimentary creme brulee to share for our anniversary as we have in the past.)

But we're still coming back next year!

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“EXCELLENT STEAKS WITH WITH VERY HIGH PRICES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start this review with a statement. Ruths Chris steakhouse(yes that's the correct spelling) is one of top two or three steakhouses in central Florida. The only gripe I have with Ruths Chris is that most of the side dishes that normally accompany an entree like potato or salad or veggy, whether it's a Denny's or a high end place like this, are included in the price of the entree. These are ala carte here and costs quickly add up. It's my opinion that when you pay anywhere from $25.00 to $50.00 for a steak, no matter how great it is the side item should come along with it. That said, steaks here are as good as they get. In fact, all that I've tried from appetizers to desserts are fantastic. In addition, the drinks are very well done too. A place for special occasions.

• Visited September 2012
Tarpon Springs
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had awesome service and the staff was very personable. The food was well prepared and promptly served and cleared. First time at the restaurant and we will go back.

• Visited June 2013
“Dissapionted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Well, wife and I were trying to decide where to go for our 30th anniversarry. I called up to make reservations and let them know what the occasion was. I was told they would do something special. To me it seemed as if it was a canned presentation. Service was mediocre at best. Food as usual was very good, just very dissapointed at the "special" service. While everyone said the right words, it seemed scripted. It didn't seem as if anyone went out of their way. I'll go back because the food is good, just not for anything special.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ruth's Chris Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.