“Great steak, excellet wine selection but ambience is lacking” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,066 Restaurants in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tampa, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Tampa
“Great steak, excellet wine selection but ambience is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The food, wine and service are great. Expensive, yes. But what keeps me from going here more often is that the atmosphere is almost sterile. There isn't warmth and welcoming enveloping you when you walk through the door. It's like an automated sterile surgical operation that produces magnificent food but lacking in pleasant atmosphere.

Visited May 2012

Lakeland, Florida
“very good steak, decent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I ate here last month for our anniversary, and had not been here for years. I remember the steak being amazing. I want to make sure I leave the excellent rating for truly "excellent" experiences, so I have to say that while we had a good time, and the steak met our expectations, I've actually had better experiences. My wife enjoyed her steak, and I loved mine. The salad was good, and the wine selection here is as expected. But I guess it was the value that had me thinking that I probably could have gotten as good of a steak and wine at flemings or charlies for less money. Since the service was probably "average" I just can't give an excellent rating.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Deliciouis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Well worth the price. Sweet potato side dish was beyond delicious. Will go back again for special occasions

Visited September 2012
Barbados
“Exceptional experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is truly at the top of all steakhouses in Tampa. We had the Cowboy bone-in rib eye with sautéed onions and green beans with roasted garlic. Sides are ordered separately and the serving sizes are easily shared by two people. Everything was perfect, right down to the servers, front house staff and valet attendants. This is a lovely choice for a romantic dinner or for celebrating a special occasion. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

“Great Place for Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

They have the best steaks, everything is ala carte. This is a great place to go on a date, very romantic.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ruth's Chris Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.