“Not so good” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #681 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Not so good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The appetizers were frozen and then deep fried. Really thick breading. So bad we couldn't eat them. The pizza was OK but the salad had old lettuce. Won't be going back. I have been eating here since college in the 70s but haven't liked the food for many years. I keep trying now and then because I want to eat there. Now I have given up.

Vero Beach, Florida
“When we visit Busch Gardens we stop by CDB”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

we have been on 3 occasions and the pizza has not been consistent nor has the wait staff. I saw one review call the service "odd" I think they found the perfect description. We dislike the chain restaurants and hope to find different locally owned spot to try next time. As with all my review I base them on comparable restaurants types of.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Haines City, Florida
“I'm so, so, sorry to say this but this was bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Things change in life, we should not expect things to stay the same over the years. CDB's used to be so very good years ago with the original owners. We went back today with the highest of expectations and what we got was not even close to the original pizza. The name is the same and that's where it stops. The quality of the ingredients which years ago separated it from the competition is now gone. I guess I should have realized that once I saw the sushi business right next door. The sushi restaurant owns CDB's. Enough said. I'm so sad about today. Good service, clean restaurant, great history, decent pricing, just not the same in any way..........

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“pizza for the ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Recently visited CDB's on E. Fowler Ave., Tampa. I had been a customer nearly 40 years ago when living in Tampa, but saw it advertised and took my wife and son there as we were passing through Tampa on way to vacation. The service is okay, but the food was delicious. We had two different pizzas, and a delicious salad, along with a pitcher of Sangria. We could only half of the two pizzas and took them along with us to our vacation place, where we shared with the rest of our family. We will go back when we have the chance. They are in the same location as we knew it from 40 years ago. They have pizza down to an art. Nice and thick, good cheese and ingredients.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went out for a shopping day and ended up at CDB for lunch! Our server was very friendly and helpful. We split a CDB pizza which was amazing and the CDB chef salad. Wow!! Very delicious. What a great secret in Temple Terrace! The food and the server were excellent and the restaurant was very clean.

• Visited May 2013