“very good spanish food with gluten free menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Columbia Restaurant

The Columbia Restaurant
2117 E 7TH Ave, Tampa, FL 33605-3903 (Historic Ybor)
813-248-4961
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Cross street: 21st street
Tampa, Florida
“very good spanish food with gluten free menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Excellent gluten free menu. Love, love the 1905 salad!!! I've been here numerous times and the food is always great!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A Tampa Icon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went for my daughter's birthday on a Tuesday night. We were surprised how busy the restaurant was and it appeared they were as well. Sevice was little slow but highly professional and pleasent.

This is the mothership of the Columbia restaurant chain and the menu here is extensive. For example there are two pages of seafood entrees and a page of vegetarian entrees. I had the boliche and it is great everytime. The portions are generous and I enjoyed the other half of my entree at home several days later.

The dancers were not visible from my seat but it was obvious they put on an impressive show.

Columbia in Ybor is a timeless Tampa icon and well worth a visit for visitors and residents alike.

• Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Miss This Place When Visiting Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm a local and have been to the Columbia many times, but it's a treat every time I go back. It's the one restaurant I tell all my friends and family who come from out of town to visit when they're in Tampa. The food is some of the best authentic Cuban cuisine around. Be sure to get the 1905 Salad with any meal and try their Sangria.

• Visited July 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“Just OK!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I visited Columbia Restaurant on 8/1/14 for dinner. Our server seemed very impatient and rude. This place was a recommendation from a friend so we decided to stay and try the food.
We ordered: 1 Cava Sangria Pitcher, 1 Croquetas De Langosta, 1 Costillitas Habana, 1 Camarones Rellenos, 1 Bread Pudding. The best part of this meal was the bread pudding and the glass of water. The food didn't have any amazing seasoning or flavor.
Overall I would not recommend this place. Our bill totaled 90.00 and I know I could have gotten a better meal for that price.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at The Columbia Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
When you ever wonder if one person makes a difference…the answer is YES. We apologize for this lack of service, and will be sharing your comments with our general manager to remind all of our servers that the Columbia must provide a great experience for all of our guests, from when guests are first seated and throughout their entire meal. We hope to get the chance to provide a better experience on your next visit.
Charlestown, Rhode Island
“So Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our visit here was spectacular. The restaurant was a most interesting place. Our waiter was the best and he gave us a tour of the massive kitchen. The food was absolutely top shelf and so very delicious. We also saw a Flamenco dance show while we enjoyed our desserts. Don't miss the Columbia Restaurant in the heart of Ybor City.

• Visited April 2014