“Very enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrazza Restaurant

La Terrazza Restaurant
1727 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
(813) 248-1326
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Tampa, Florida
“Very enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

What a nice little restaurant! It was very refreshing to sit and eat with good company while watching the Saturday night crowd of Ybor walking past. I enjoyed the Bruschetta, homemade lasagna and Pinot noir. My company had the Pinot Grigio and a pasta dish with shrimp and scallops. Luigi was our waiter(I believe he is also the owner as he took care of my reservation also) and he was fantastic.
Don't have a bad word to say about the place, very nice.

Visited December 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Also Loved This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I completely agree with the last three reviews. Everything was excellent, especially the bruschetta. The food was simple and fresh, just as northern Italian should be. I would choose La Terrazza over any upscale place serving overly-complicated dishes. If you cook with Marcella Hazan's recipes, you will love this place. In fact, two of our pasta dishes could have been from her Essentials book. And the service was outstanding. We were visiting for the first time from out of state. It appeared that everyone else who came in was a regular and was greeted on a first-name basis. I would eat here every week if I lived in Tampa.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Relied on tripadvisor reviews when I found this little jewel. All the positive comments were not overrated! Loved the atmosphere, the service and the food. If you're near Ybor City, give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Georgia
“A Table for Two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at La Terrazza in the late afternoon prior to a concert at the forum. I called for reservations for 5:30 pm but they asked if we could come in a half hour early because many others who were going to the concert had the same idea. I responded that we would be there at 5:00 pm when they opened.

We were greeted by both maitre d's and were then very quickly seated at a window table. The tables were set with white plates on black table cloths. The background music was Andrea Bocelli which truly set the tone for a fine italian meal. Luigi (one of the maitre d's) provided us a menu and took our drink orders.

When our glasses of wine were served, the waiter reviewed the specials for the day. My wife and I split a salad and she ordered the Lasagna and I had the Scaloppini Picata. The salads were served with warm crusty Italian bread.

Both of our meals were great and reasonably priced. We will indeed be back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It's located in Ybor, a very nice part of Tampa. The atmosphere in the street is very nice with all the shops and bars and restaurants.
We did not have a reservation, but fortunately there was still a table available (the place was full).
We like to take our time for dinner and that was not a problem.
The appetizers were wonderful (bruschetta & salmon). And we were still deciding for our mains when the owner (I think) came to our table to let us know that there were only two veal left and that if we wanted those he could save them for us: excellent service! And we were very happy we did choose the veal (parmigiana and milanese), it was excellent!
The wine list is also very good.

• Visited November 2013