“A Table for Two” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrazza Restaurant

La Terrazza Restaurant
1727 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
(813) 248-1326
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Leesburg, Georgia
“A Table for Two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at La Terrazza in the late afternoon prior to a concert at the forum. I called for reservations for 5:30 pm but they asked if we could come in a half hour early because many others who were going to the concert had the same idea. I responded that we would be there at 5:00 pm when they opened.

We were greeted by both maitre d's and were then very quickly seated at a window table. The tables were set with white plates on black table cloths. The background music was Andrea Bocelli which truly set the tone for a fine italian meal. Luigi (one of the maitre d's) provided us a menu and took our drink orders.

When our glasses of wine were served, the waiter reviewed the specials for the day. My wife and I split a salad and she ordered the Lasagna and I had the Scaloppini Picata. The salads were served with warm crusty Italian bread.

Both of our meals were great and reasonably priced. We will indeed be back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It's located in Ybor, a very nice part of Tampa. The atmosphere in the street is very nice with all the shops and bars and restaurants.
We did not have a reservation, but fortunately there was still a table available (the place was full).
We like to take our time for dinner and that was not a problem.
The appetizers were wonderful (bruschetta & salmon). And we were still deciding for our mains when the owner (I think) came to our table to let us know that there were only two veal left and that if we wanted those he could save them for us: excellent service! And we were very happy we did choose the veal (parmigiana and milanese), it was excellent!
The wine list is also very good.

Roanoke, Virginia
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

1. The ambiance was wonderful. Very Italian.
2. The bruchetta and antipasti were very good.

Unfortunatly, that's were it ended. The sea food was mediocre. The scallops were tiny bay scallops and tasted past or frozen... the vodka sauce had bacon in it ... very disappointing.

3. On an up note, the service was delightful, it was the food that was lacking.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ottawa
“A True Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I visited this lovely place while visiting Tampa. Without question, this is the best Italian restaurant we have ever had the pleasure of visitng. We were warmly welcomed by the owner (i think he was), he was warm, friendly and not overbearing. A true gentlemen. We both ordered chicken parmagiana which was absolutely delicious! Their pasta sauce is the best we have ever had anywhere! Sadly we were too full to try a desert, but we did finish off our meal with an espresso. A lovely restaurant to visit, and if you are in this great city for only a short visit, still make the time to visit this restaurant! It is a true gem of a restaurant.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Unbelievably delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

party of four arrived in Ybor City for my boyfriends birthday weekend. As an Italian Caterer, I am very picky about my Italian food. I actually NEVER go out for it. But seeing the reviews, I decided to give it a try. Probably the best food I have ever tasted. My boyfriend travels a lot over seas, and spent a month in Rome, he too was impressed. The food is fabulous, ambiance...delectable and the staff..top notch. We easily could have taken all of our meals here. Our server, a darling lady..ready to give birth in 3 weeks, stole our hearts..and I'm sorry if cannot recall her name. We will definitely return. This is now my new favorite restaurant in the state of Florida, and second in the country..well done La Terrezza

• Visited October 2013