“poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
St. Petersburg, Florida
“poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

we went up after eating. After a wait were served COLD coffee. Service was VERY slow...
Go there if you have time to wait for them to come by

Visited February 2013

Clearwater, Florida
“Macadamia Nut Sundaes in a great place to propose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The macadamia nut sundae is really spectacular and large enough for several people to share. It must have magical properties because my wife said "yes" when I proposed there 24 years ago. We return frequently and have NEVER been disappointed. The Bern's cappuccino is spectacular and the wines by the glass can be extraordinary. Tip: remember to tip a full amount (as there is no service charged, as there is downstairs).

Visited January 2013
Des Moines
“Unique idea and experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

After a pretty lousy experience at Bern's our experience at Harry Waugh's was much better. Desserts were beautifully presented. Good after dinner beverage selection and our server was wonderful. This made it easy to tip fully on a large bill rather than pay a mandatory portion like at Bern's. The room is really a gimmick but they pull it off well.

Succasunna, New Jersey
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place after reading all the wonderful reviews and seeing that it's rated the #1 restaurant in Tampa on TripAdvisor. Not sure what others are raving about. We went there mid week. The exterior isn't very pretty or inviting. Once inside we were taken upstairs to the dessert room. The booths are very cute being so private and secluded. The service was pretty good. But the desserts were way overpriced. My husband had the Taste of Berns. Neither one of us was impressed and for $16.50 we thought it was a HUGE waste of money. I had the sea salt caramel vanilla parfait which actually was very decadent and tasty, however, for $12.95 that was way overpriced as well. I had a hot tea and my husband had a cappucino. Our entire bill was almost $43 and that was just for the 4 items mentioned above. We would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone and would not go back. Based upon our experience at the dessert room I don't think we'd ever try the steakhouse. A HUGE disappointment.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good for desserts even for someone like me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all, im not a big dessert kind of guy. I went up here after a superb dinner at downstairs Bern's wich is the main restaurant while you go upstairs to Harry Waugh dessert room for....yeah right dessert.

I had the macadamia ice cream wich was nice and a white russian and a irish coffee to round it of. The ice cream was of course home made and scrumptious though i have had better.
Drinks and coffee where good and price in the high end.

Its a nice setting for a romantic date as you sit in those little booths seperated from other eaters.
If you have dinner at Bern's dont miss this place.

• Visited August 2012