Harry Waugh Dessert Room at Bern's Steak House
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Coffee & Tea, Late Night, Reservations
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place after reading all the wonderful reviews and seeing that it's rated the #1 restaurant in Tampa on TripAdvisor. Not sure what others are raving about. We went there mid week. The exterior isn't very pretty or inviting. Once inside we were taken upstairs to the dessert room. The booths are very cute being so private and secluded. The service was pretty good. But the desserts were way overpriced. My husband had the Taste of Berns. Neither one of us was impressed and for $16.50 we thought it was a HUGE waste of money. I had the sea salt caramel vanilla parfait which actually was very decadent and tasty, however, for $12.95 that was way overpriced as well. I had a hot tea and my husband had a cappucino. Our entire bill was almost $43 and that was just for the 4 items mentioned above. We would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone and would not go back. Based upon our experience at the dessert room I don't think we'd ever try the steakhouse. A HUGE disappointment.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good for desserts even for someone like me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all, im not a big dessert kind of guy. I went up here after a superb dinner at downstairs Bern's wich is the main restaurant while you go upstairs to Harry Waugh dessert room for....yeah right dessert.

I had the macadamia ice cream wich was nice and a white russian and a irish coffee to round it of. The ice cream was of course home made and scrumptious though i have had better.
Drinks and coffee where good and price in the high end.

Its a nice setting for a romantic date as you sit in those little booths seperated from other eaters.
If you have dinner at Bern's dont miss this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

A group of five friends and I had dinner at Bern's then waddled upstairs for dessert. What a treat! Only problem is that we had just gorged ourselves on three course meals downstairs. My recommendation is that you do pick separate dates to eat at Bern's Steak House and have dessert at The Harry Waugh Dessert Room.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Awesome Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Individual "cubicles", like wine barrels, for privacy. Push button selection of individual mood music. Fabulous desserts, great coffee, & tremendous selection of after dinner wines & liquors. Need to make reservation when you first arrive...must be made in person before the meal...separate from dinner reservation!

Visited February 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Amazing! Huge menu and its all great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's not just dessert it's the experience too. Outstanding service and nice atmosphere.
Can't wait to go back to the dessert room. I could live without the steakhouse. Next time I will go to the capital grill for dinner then to the dessert room.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere