“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acropolis Greek Tavern.

Acropolis Greek Tavern.
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I found this place while driving around Ybor and were delighted! The food was delicious, and the service was amazing! The live music was a real treat! We enjoyed gyros, Greek salad and peanut butter chocolate cake all at reasonable prices. Highly recommend stopping here when you're in the area!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
  • Polish first
Odessa, Florida
“Best Greek food I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have never been to Greece but I could imagine that authentic Greek food could not be far from what we experienced here. The spinach pie was a home run and the Gyro meat could not have been any fresher than we tasted and it was just delicious, melt in your mouth! My wife had the greek salad which was very fresh. I recommend this restaurant if you are looking for the real deal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
carolkemp@aol.com
“Friendly & Attentive Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good Menu. Lemon soup was too salty. I enjoyed the roasted vegetable salad but did not expect to find iceberg lettuce in the 'greens'. I like the idea of having a carafe of water at each table for easy refills. Good prices and nice atmosphere. If I return I will mention going easier on the salt as I felt that made the soup very disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Florida, USA
“Odd location but excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently visited the Acropolis which sits in an indistinct location in a Publix complex. The food was excellent. I am from Chicago and quite used to good quality Greek food having dined many times in Chicago's Greektown area. This food was on a par with the food I experienced there. The Greek salads are classic and flavorful and the spanikopita and gyros are excellent. I would highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Casselberry, Florida
“Fun restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was a quiet Monday evening around 6 p.m. when we visited Ybor City and we were looking for a good place to eat. We have eaten at the Columbia Restaurant and wanted to try something else. Most other places were completely empty but the Acropolis was busy. The outside tables were full, so we ate inside and enjoyed Greek music with dinner. We love Greek food and enjoyed what we had. My husband had a tasty seafood pasta dish and I had a delicious grilled salmon with a lemony pesto. And they serve our favorite Mythos beer, which makes us happy. We were so full that we didn't have room for dessert, but the baklava cheesecake looked great. The servers sang and danced once during our meal, which was fun. The restaurant has a odd tradition of thowing paper napkins on the floor and breaking dishes into a big metal pan, but I guess it means something about turning a new leaf and good fortune. We honeymooned in Greece and have our favorited restaurants at home, but have never seen this tradition. I guess we just have to go back to Greece to find out where they do this!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere