“So Much Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 68 activities in Tampa
Type: Segway Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tours featuring a Segway® Personal Transport (PT)! We offer Historical/Story-based/Sightseeing tours, as well as Private/Specialized events and on-location tour experiences. Two of our new and exciting tour offerings are The Wine Tasting Tour & Cigar Tour. If you're not interested in history, then book a chaperoned tour and just glide around the city on a Segway PT and see the sights! Plenty of photo opportunities throughout the tours!When was the last time you did something for the first time? Come Glide With Us!
10 attraction reviews
“So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our first experience with a Segway and we had a blast. My aunt and uncle had done this before for a different town and invited us to come along, we are sure glad we did! The segways are easy to learn how to ride. I was hesitant at first, but Russell did a great job boosting my confidence and training all of us that the hesitation was gone in 5 minutes flat. I grew up in Tampa and love learning about our town; Russell did a great job with the histories of Ybor and different buildings. We are looking forward to doing this again. To make the Ybor experience complete, have lunch or dinner at the Colombia.

Visited June 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Go segwaying with Russell & Electric Glide Tours - they ROCK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister and I Segway whenever and wherever we can in cities all over the country & world. Great time with Russell the tour guide. We brought a rookie segwayer and she did great with the great instruction that Russell provided.
Definitely recommend Electric Glide Tours!!!

Visited March 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Segway tour of Ybor City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What an amazing experience. Booked this for Valentines day gift for my hubby Andrew. Was a little nervous but Russell our tour guide soon put us at ease and gave us full training in how to ride a Segway.
We had a great time exploring the city on a segway, it was such fun. Russell was great with his stories of the city and we are so hooked we are going back with our 14 yr old son this summer for another tour.
Don't be shy, give it a try! You won't regret it!!!

10 out of 10. SKJ

Tampa, Florida
“No better way to see Ybor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I cant think of a better way to see Ybor. I wanted to have a special date with my wife and somehow google got me to their website. A quick phone call to the 800 number and I found out the were still three spots left for the 10 am tour the next day. Every question from what the wear to where to park was helpfully answered in the emails. We showed up the recommended 15 minutes early, met Russell and the other couple wed be out riding with for the tour. After getting fitted for our helmets (which were all very clean and looked brand new), Russell started going over the basics of riding a segway. None of us in the group had any prior experience really riding before. The professional approach to the training was just right. There wasn't any over your head physics and technology talk nor did he rush through or act condencending to any of our questions. The training went by quickly because of how much fun we were having. It was the crawl, walk, run approach with as much one on one time as was needed. I am the easilly bored type who wants to just hop on and figure things out as I go. I really was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the training, be bored and have a bad attitude the whole ride. Nope, I actually had a blast learning to ride, challenging myself to master the segway.

When we were ready to roll I noticed that we had spend a good amount of time on the training and was worried the training had cut way into our tour time. This was not the case at all. The thing Jenn and I liked most was you covered much more ground than if you were walking, and we hit all the high points of Ybor. We never spent too much time at any one place yet learned enough about the area to go visit things in the future where we know we will enjoy what we are looking at. Russell really knows the area and was prepared to go off topic and answer any questions we might have. The small group size really made the tour feel like it was just for us rather than some script that was repeated every two hours. The segways were able to go anywhere and we easily zipped down sidewalks and along the slow moving traffic around the area. The 10 am tour was nice, as it hadn't gotten too hot by the time we left and the cool breeze created by riding the segway kept us from noticing the 90 degree weather. Each stop was in whatever shade was available and we would stop for as long as we wanted or needed. My wife does not like to be outside in the heat normally and she was completely fine the whole time.

This was one of the best dates Jenn and I have had. I know I picked it, but I had a great time and so did Jenn. Learning to do something new together was in itself worth the trip, so throw in a great tour of Ybor and all the great lunch choices and you pretty much have all the ingredients for a great time. Pros were the tour covered a lot of ground and hit the highlights without leading to oversaturation, segways are fun as all get out, this was great for the whole family or as a date. There really arent too many cons, but the couple I could think of are the minimun height (52") meant our little girls (4 and 2 years old) couldn't join us (then again that was kind of the point of our date), and you are on a tour so you can't just stop and check something out on your own. Russell was so accomodating that had we asked he probably wouldnt have had any problem letting us walk in the museum for example but with another couple we didn't ask. On the flip side we know exactly what we want to see next time we go to Ybor, and you see EVERYTHING during the tour. We will repeat and are very interested in some of the other options available. I cannot wait until the cigar sampler tour starts (fingers crossed next month), and we would certainly do the wine tasting (after the ride) tour that also has beer for those who aren't big wine fans, and Russell also said in December they go out in the evenings to see the Christmas lights along Bay Shore. My kids would love it and I figure I could follow behind with my bike and trailer or something.

Bottom line this was great, just do it. There is nothing to be scared of, learning is easier than learning to ride a bike. Great date both partners will enjoy, really two dates in one as learning to ride is half the fun. Dress for the weather like you were going to be outside for a few hours. Complementary water so you don't need to bring anything with you. Highly recommend.

Tampa, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Fun time was had by all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Russell of EGT was awesome. I received a gift certificate for a 90 minute tour of Ybor City followed by a wine or beer tasting. We went on May 4 2013 and had a great time. Russell took the time to train us how to ride the Segways. The training is essential as a Segway is not like riding a bike or anything else for that matter, but is easy once you get used to it. The tour was delightful--great historic sights of Ybor with insight and history provided. Afterward, the wine/beer tasting was provided with great hosts. I did the beer flight and my date did the wine flight. Both were excellent, with a nice cheese board with cheese and crackers, fruit, nuts, meats. Definitely a good time. I'm looking forward to doing the tour on Bayshore Blvd. that goes into Old Hyde Park Village.