“Excellent Service and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Celebrate the Savings
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Service and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed here for the second time in order to go to the football game. having teenagers this was perfect due to the mall being steps away. Both tmes we had a suite which was quite large. This most recent stay, our reservation got messed up (the room type description). i thought i booked a suite and it wasn't. the manager ended up giving us a huge suite with a connecting King room for under a 100.00 per night. This was fantastic! I would highly reccomend this hotel if you like to shop. The mall is excellent, lots of great restaurants and very close to the Bucs stadium. Also, for day trips only about and hour or so from Sarasota and 25 minutes from St Pete beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Nice meeting facility with accommodating staff and good food. Our meeting went well and every need was met quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful. Plus, the hotel is connected to International Plaza Mall which has wonderful shops and restaurants. We did not need a car, which was a big plus. They also have an airport shuttle.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I accompanied my husband to a business conference which was held in Tampa. I had three days on my own, so the location was perfect as it's connected to a great shopping mall. The room was so comfortable, though, that I spent a lot more time hanging out in the room than I would have ever guessed. Our room was a little large than a standard, as it was in a corner.
My husband returned to the hotel each evening, & we found wonderful places to dine. The restaurant at the hotel is exquisite; we returned for a second dinner. The hotel service was very, very good, from the hotel bartender to the front desk.
One complaint only: I had to bring my laptop downstairs as I opted NOT to pay the extra $12 -13/day for internet in my room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed at the Renaissance from August 23-25, 2010. It was a very good business hotel. The rooms were plenty spacious and up to date. Perhaps the best part is the hotel's proximity to both the airport and a nice open air shopping center with plenty of restaurants, etc. The staff was more than friendly and the meeting rooms were sufficient. I would recommend this hotel to other business travellers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is my second stay at this property, and it has become one of my favorites. It is a clean, well maintained property connected to an upscale mall, with tons of eating and drinking choices literally steps from the hotel. The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. There is a free shuttle to/from the airport. The pool is rather small, but is nice, as is the fitness center. It's a good, solid well run property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We're locals and have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently last weekend for one night and once again LOVED IT! There are many impressive details throughout the hotel.

We stayed in a standard room on the 7th floor. Nicely decorated. Very comfy bed and very good quality bedding. Spacious bathroom. Nothing not to like.

The location is great. It is in a large upscale, mall, with several restaurants adjoining the hotel. Two noteworthy pubs, Bar Louie (with a seemingly unlimited selection of draft beers) and Blue Martini a short walk away. The airport, Raymond James Stadium (the football stadium) and downtown Tampa are all short taxi rides away.

We chose not to valet park, and simply parked ourselves in the designated parking area and entered the hotel from the side entrance. The room prices fluctuate depending on the time of year, we found a great rate ($125) which included a full breakfast for two. Sometimes it is double that price.

I saw some less than perfect reviews, but we have never experienced anything short of an amazing experience each time we have stayed here. The quality matches some of the better B&B's that we have visited. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Made my reservation with hotel, held with my credit card, upon check-in I was told my room was given away..........We specifically asked for double beds. They tried to tell me that I did not "gurantee" to get a double bed. Never heard of having to gurantee the bed type along with a reservation & credit card hold. I know what I asked for, they had a baseball team come in and take all the doubles, and then tried to blame the customers. The night manager was very rude. Then they told me I had to go out and move my car while they tried to see if they could find me a room, because I was blocking the valet entrance... Thankfully, the morning manager was much more professional, and tried to make things up to us. It was just very, very, dissapointing. What happend to the customers always right? I thought this was an upgraded hotel, well, next time I will stay somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza? Share your experiences!