“Perfect "city" hotel in Tampa area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Celebrate the Savings
Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Michigan
“Perfect "city" hotel in Tampa area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here just for one night on the way to Busch Gardens. The hotel is very upscale with attentive service - from the valet parking, to the front desk, to the restaurant staff. Decor is really cool. Traditional meets eclectic - very bright and lively. The rooms are the standard size with smallish baths. But very well done. There's a courtyard in the middle of the property and a spa/pool but we didn't get there. The restaurant, Pelagia, was great - had lunch and breakfast here. Indoor/outdoor seating. Steps away from the mall which contains both Bay Street - numerous restaurants and a food court - as well as the shopping mall. Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus, Dillards etc as anchors. Right next door to the airport but the windows and walls must have been soundproofed. Didn't hear a thing. Wonderful hotel if you want to be near airport, near mall, eateries, etc. Weekend rates were very good!

Room Tip: Standard rooms facing courtyard preferable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! It's always a pleasure to hear the staff made a great impact on your stay and you and your daughter were able to enjoy some of the amenities the hotel has to offer such as our restaurant Pelagia Trattoria, International Plaza and Bay Street as well as the short drive to Bush Gardens. We thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Perfect hotel for overnight stay near airport or as a home base for exploring Tampa. Rooms and common areas are immaculate. Staff (front desk, housekeeping and Pelagia Trattoria restaurant) were and are top notch. Hotel has plenty of parking and is adjacent to a very nice outdoor lifestyle mall with plenty of chain options for dining if you feel like staying close to "home". Will definitely book here again if we get back to Tampa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review and compliments about the hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great dining experience in our restaurant Pelagia Trattoria. We do hope you come visit us again on your next trip to Tampa and thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Joanne gave me the BEST room service and personal attention I have ever had! I travel every week and this is the first time I feel compelled to write a review.. I also want to mention Mahalo.. in the bar along with Danny who both made my trip most enjoyable.. The hotel is clean, and very lovely.. One of the prettiest Marriotts I have been in. The entire staff from valet to housekeeping were accommodating and kind. Thank you all so much for making my time away from home acceptable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We appreciate the great review and the compliments about the hotel and staff. We are delighted to hear Joanne, Mahalo and Dan were able to make your stay so memorable and most enjoyable. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

While it may not be the nicest Renaissance Hotel, I haven't been to all of them. But of the ones that I HAVE been to, I think that I enjoyed this one the most. The staff was really nice, from the front desk staff to the maids. I think that what I enjoyed most was the pool area. Most of the pools in the area were excessively cold, especially during winter when you would want them to warm it up a little bit. But the pool at this location was the perfect temperature. Probably not lap pool temperature, but enjoyment temperature. It didn't take me an hour to stop shivering and the location of the hotel compared to the mall and restaurants was great. A lot of good restaurants were within walking distance along with some good shopping. I think that the only thing that I didn't like was that their shuttle didn't start running until 5 a.m., which is when my plane left, so I had to pay extra just to get a ride to the airport. So definitely not very airport friendly considering it is an airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to enjoy the pool, shopping at International Plaza and Bay Street! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel in the future!
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I traveled to the Tampa area over Easter to visit a friend who recently relocated there. The Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza was recommended to us as the place to stay. When we arrived at the hotel, we were impressed with the hotel itself, the public areas are clean, modern and the staff is friendly and helpful.
Our room was beautiful and well laid out. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant one evening and had breakfast both days of our stay. The food and the service is outstanding. All good things must come to an end and we left after a two day stay with thoughts of when we would return.
If you visit the Tampa area, do yourself a favor and stay at the Renaissance, you will leave with a smile on your face.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room and it was great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for the great compliments and the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to dine in our restaurant Pelagia Tratorria. Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

On each trip to Tampa, I always stay at the Renaissance Hotel International Plaza. It is conveniently located just a few miles away from the Tampa International Airport. It also ajoins a lovely and large mall filled with a vast amount of both high-end as well as affordable indoor and outdoor shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The hotel lobby and rooms are classy and clean.
I recently had a major flight delay and checked in at 2:00am and the lovely front desk person (Letisa?) made me feel right at home. After hearing of my 8 hour flight delay, she promptly checked me in and gave my bottled waters and ordered a delicious selection of comfort foods from their 24 hr.room service menu and had it sent up to my room complimentary! It arrived within 5 minutes! This kind gesture sure took the edge off a harrowing trip. She made me feel warm and welcome! Althought I have never dined in their hotel restaurant, I have been told it is excellent. The beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and the bathrooms are fairly spacious with good tolietires. My one and only complaint aboutthis hotel is that the bath towels, they are a bit small and somewhat scratchy. If they had plush, larger towels, this hotel would certainly be on par with any Ritz-Carlton city hotel! Kudos to your fine hotel and excellent staff and I welcome my next visit very soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We thank you for the great review and are very pleased to hear Lenia was able to make your arrival experience warm and welcome after having a rough day of traveling. We are also delighted to hear you were able to enjoy some shopping at International Plaza mall and dine in Bay Street during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel. Thank you again!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here one night before going to St. Pete's and had a great time. Love the location for shopping and causal dinner out - Cheesecake Factory, Capital Grill, etc. Great little dinner/bar scene if you don't feel like going downtown.

Very attractive hotel and beautiful courtyard and pool.

The upscale mall within walking distance next door is great and lots of cool stuff.

Love it and will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate the great review and thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and visiting International Plaza and Bay Street. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel in the future.

Been to Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza? Share your experiences!