“Great Hotel, Excellent Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kids Eat Free +$25 Credit
Ranked #18 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great Hotel, Excellent Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is fantastic! The rooms are clean and comfortable with a large flat screen TV. It is a great place to stay for any event at Raymond James Stadium. There is an awesome row of restaurants and bars right behing the hotel and the International Plaza Mall is right next door. We park the car on arrival and don't need to drive again till we are going home. By far our favorite spot to stay when we visit Tampa!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators if you are there for a staduim event so you don't hear the pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We appreciate the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to discover all of the amenities the hotel has to offer and visit International Plaza and Bay Street. We do hope you will choose the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza hotel for a future event at Raymond James or just to come relax. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you.

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas,Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Golf group in Tampa for weekend. Stayed here as base. Clean, well staffed, efficient personel.
Best part is location which is near shopping, airport, and food. Would reccomend for these amenities. Nothing wow about the place but a solid hassle free stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to discover the amenities the hotel has to offer such as the convenience of Tampa International Airport, International Plaza and Bay Street. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza soon!
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We live 35 minutes away but stay here when we come into Tampa for a special occasion and don't want to drink and drive home. This is probably our 4th or 5th stay here. I love the Floridian/Mediterranean design. You can tell immediately you are not at a cookie-cutter Marriott. It is very distinct, tasteful, and memorable.
We love enjoying a drink by the fountain in the courtyard. They did not have the water running on our last visit but we only stayed one night. It was my husband's birthday so Lauren the reception supervisor gave us free breakfast, which we appreciated and enjoyed. We love the Pelaggia Trattoria restaurant and have eaten there before, always terrific cuisine!
The hotel is in a great location, convenient to almost everything in the area. You can walk to many restaurants and the adjacent International Plaza mall.
The beds are very comfortable, the furnishings are all in good condition. The light fixtures and hallway decor is very nice. The walls all looked freshly painted. The materials are all very quality. It looks luxe. The toiletries are Aveda, which I LOVE.
We did hear some door banging in the evening and morning but it's hard to escape that anywhere.
I have only two quibbles with the property, and one is big. For a non-smoking property, you have to walk THRU what is apparently the Smoking section to enter. There was ALWAYS someone smoking RIGHT BY THE FRONT DOOR. The other issue was the valet and the parking. It was always a zoo when we were there. People would just leave their cars, causing a jam, and so we had to wait by the smoking section for our car. We did not want to pay for the valet parking ($18) but all of the lots where the hotel guests can park had their gates down. When we asked the valet about it, he said the gates were up, I said no, they were down. So rather than continue to argue with him, and then try to maneuver our car around again a second time to look for a spot, we just paid the $18. I really wish we had not valet parked because then we could have just walked, thru the smoking section to our car rather than wait in the smoking section for it. We did end up waiting inside after the smoke got really bad (I am allergic) but due to the layout, and the jam of cars, we had no visibility.
Also this hotel is popular for weddings and they can take over the property so if you're going for a long time, or a special event, you may want to ask if there is anything going on at the hotel and if any areas will be closed. We did not experience this on this particular trip but we have in the past.
There are a lot of great restaurants within a short drive. We went to Roy's, which I love and have reviewed separately, and the hotel driver was able to drive us there and back in between airport runs. We appreciated not having to get a cab for a 2 minute drive but it's not really walkable, especially in the dark.
We would definitely return and when we do, I will say something about the smoke.

Room Tip: interior rooms face the courtyard, which is nice. You can also see the airport and Raymond James s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate the great review! Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Hotel to celebrate your husband’s birthday. We are delighted to hear Lauren was able to make your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had stopped by a few weeks ago on business and ate in the restaurant. I loved the place so much that I had to stay here next time I was in Tampa. The restaurant was fabulous again. I had the scallops which were HUGE! The service was amazing from Rich. I had a little time to spare and when I asked the manager Dan what to do he had about 20 different ideas for me from the boat show to watching the cigar rollers in ybor city. This place rocks and the little lady Ilinca at the front needs to show the rest of the front desk staff how to wear a smile. A big thumbs up and I will be back again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us from your check-in with Ilinca to your service in Pelagia Trattoria from Rich and all of the recommendations you received from Dan. Hopefully you were able to discover some of the places he recommended. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel soon!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Believe all the great reviews. Hotel is in a great location next to a very upscale mall and plenty of dining options. Husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights celebrating our birthdays and loved how convenient everything was to the hotel. Hotel itself is updated with a cool Mediterranean vibe. Staff is helpful. Ate breakfast one morning at Pelagia (hotel restaurant) and it was delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted to hear you chose the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel to celebrate your birthdays and were able to enjoy the convenience of International Plaza, the restaurants in Bay Street and our restaurant Pelagia Trattoria! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in a good location. 10 minutes from downtown area and adjacent to an upscale mall with loads of dining options. Rooms aren't very large but they are clean and very nice. Beds are comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
We appreciate the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to discover the amenities within and around the hotel especially shopping at International Plaza and dining in Bay Street. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

When I first started traveling to Tampa, FL a year and a half ago for business, I tried out several hotels in the area until I came across the Renaissance. From day one, the staff has been the most hospitable group of people I've ever experienced at a hotel. It wasn't long before nearly everyone knew me and welcomed me by name. As cliche as it may sound, it was like family there and I can't thank the staff enough for making my time in Tampa so pleasant. In particular I would like to recognize Elaine and Teresa at the lounge on the 8th floor and Terese, Amy, Lauren, Shane, and John at the front desk. The hotel is located at International Plaza and is attached to a huge mall, and a great strip of restaurants on "Bay Street". It was great being able to just walk to a bunch of food and drink options. The airport is nearby and the hotel has a free shuttle to and from. The gym is well equipped with a variety of machines and free weights. The outdoor pool is heated and there is a hot tub. If you have status, the lounge is on the 8th floor and serves a great breakfast (hot foods too). Even in the evenings, they often have a good selection of even heaver foods, like sandwiches, wraps, pasta, etc. I've found myself eating dinner there many times. Although parking is never really an issue since you have the mall's parking lot to use too (all free), I often parked in the side/back lot and entered the hotel by the ballrooms. There is valet parking too. Since I returned each week, the bell desk never had a problem with me checking a suitcase over the weekends which really helped me travel lighter. I highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Tampa!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you Mr. Wen for the great review! Elaine, Teresa, Lauren, Therese, Shane, John and I are delighted to hear we were able to accommodate you to make your stay feel like a "home away from home." We know traveling as much as you do can be tough. We appreciate your loyalty with us and look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to Tampa. Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.

Been to Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza? Share your experiences!