“Favorite Tampa hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Favorite Tampa hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful decor throughout, comfortable rooms, beautiful lobby, and delicious Italian restaurant all walking distance to the fab International Plaza shops and restaurants. My only disappointment is that they changed their beautiful Spanish flamenco classical guitar music to their generic hip hotel music. The whole Latin flavor of the hotel changed. They should at least intermix it because it really made the hotel stand out from the others.

Room Tip: Choice of courtyard or airport or shopping mall
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are delighted that we are your favorite hotel in Tampa! As you stated, our location is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. I will pass on your suggestion to add flamenco music back into the mix and hopefully that will take place prior to your next visit. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed here before, and the rooms are very nice. The beds are very comfortable (Sterns & Foster). My room had a fridge but it did not have a clock radio that would accommodate my iPhone. As my tip says, bring speakers if you want to listen to music in the room form your iPhone/iPod. Service is great, you call the desk for everything and they take great care of anything you need, very high marks to the staff. The Hotel shuttle will drop you at anywhere locally. The location is on the International Plaza Mall, which has tons of elegant stores, as well as "Bay Street" with several bars and restaurants. The food in the hotel is better than average hotel food. Check the web site for details and menu's. I lived in Tampa for over twenty years, and have always stayed here when there was a function nearby.

Room Tip: The rooms don't have iphone/ipod clock radios yet. Bring your own speakers if you want to hear m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that you always enjoy the services and amenities provided by the hotel. As you stated, our location is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to once again welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Den Haag
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have lived in Tampa on and off for the last 21 years and when I don't physically have a place to live I usually try to stay at this hotel. Number #1: staff is fantasic; Number #2: location is incredible and it is adjacent to the best mall in the state and sooooo close to the airport; Number #3: Ambiance and dining options are some of the best in the city. Breakfast is the best... nutella and banana french toast, need I say more?!?

Room Tip: Everywhere in this hotel is wonderful, but some of the rooms are a bit on the smaller side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
WOW! Thanks so much for the awesome review! We are thrilled that you always choose to stay at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel and that you enjoy the services and amenities provided. As you stated, our location is convenient to the airport and is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly value your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Haddon Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I needed a hotel with a convenient location for one night stay in Tampa Bay. This hotel offered it all. The proximity to the airport, major highways, upscale dinning, Tampa stadium and shopping is perfect! The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and it offered a pool, gym, restaurant and lounge. The courtyard was lovely to have coffee and read . Bed was comfy, and bathroom was a nice size.
The hotel is fairly new so it did not look worn or dated. I travel to Tampa often, this was my first time at the Renaissance and not the last.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. As you stated, our location is convenient to the airport and we're ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This really is an excellent hotel. Very proffesional and helpful staff. Rooms are spotless and comfortable and the breakfast is very tasty and very filling also..! Hotel is in great location next to shopping plaza with hundreds of great stores and bars and restaurant next door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. As you stated, our location is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is fantastic! The food is tasty. The rooms are clean. Staff is friendly, and helpful. The mall is right there. A great club is right around the hotel. Nice size LG flat screen television in room. Fridge is in room. Access to warm leftovers. Celebrities stay here too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. As you stated, our location is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Ocean Ridge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Tampa on business and needed a hotel very close to a specific location, hence I selected the Renaissance. It was a little tricky to find even with my GPS, however, once I arrived I was very pleased. It’s not an ultra luxury hotel that I would go out of my way to stay at, however, it was definitely very nice, upscale and I would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in that area.

PROS – The room and bathroom were modern and very clean and comfortable – all the basics you’d expect. There is a coffee/tea set up, but no microwave or mini fridge (at least in our room). I could have slept for days in the comfy bed! We got a room overlooking a small courtyard and I could also see the Tampa Airport and watch the planes – the hotel room windows had amazing soundproofing as I watched the planes, but never heard them! We used room service twice. The first time was a Friday afternoon lunch – it took over an hour to arrive! The second room service for dinner was fast and good. We also ate breakfast twice in the restaurant downstairs and it was very good. As I mention below, I accidentally discovered a fabulous mall next door! The area around the hotel is okay – aside from the mall there is nothing within walking distance but there are numerous places to drive to eat. A Whole Foods was about 5 minutes away and the Buccs Stadium about 10 minutes.

CONS – On the Friday afternoon room service that took almost 90 minutes, when I called after 45 minutes, the lady wasn’t very apologetic about the delay, but she did say that we wouldn’t be charged for the lunch – however, it was still on our bill when we checked out and wasn’t adjusted.
Also, the air conditioning in our room made a very loud click every time it turned on and off. Eventually I got used to it, but it was very annoying trying to fall asleep the first night.
We arrived at night and didn’t know the area, hence, it wasn’t until the afternoon of the second day when I Google’d looking for local shopping that I found out we are practically connected to a huge mall! I searched the room for any brochures or booklets on the hotel and local area to find out more and found nothing but a magazine about the city of Tampa. The hotel should have more information in the rooms about the hotel, layout, attached mall and how to get there. I found out by asking the front desk that while it looks connected, you do have to walk outside and across a short parking lot to enter the mall. However, how incompetent of the hotel to not have more information in the rooms regarding the hotel and mall.

OVERALL – If I have to return to this area of Tampa I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel, however, I must apologize for the inordinate amount of time it took room service to deliver your order. As you stated, our location is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!

Been to Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza? Share your experiences!