“Comfortable Stay and Excellent Management” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Osprey, FL
“Comfortable Stay and Excellent Management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Booked a last minute girl's shopping weekend and chose the Renaissance since it is next to the Plaza. Booked it on the marriott.com site. Arriving early evening on Friday, the portico was packed with cars and a trailer so anticipated a long check-in. Entered lobby and check-in was a breeze. If you are a Rewards member, you are familiar with the profile for your preferrred room type, location and extras. Rarely does the desk clerk refer to your preferences and follow though. But, this clerk not only remembered, but itemized my preferences and said our room had already been prepared. WOW!
Entering the guest room, it was very clean, fresh and nicely decorated. Huge LG flatscreen with lots of channels, extremely comfortable beds, empty fridge in crendenza, and bathroom had stay-on lighting under vanity for late night visits. Computer oval desk on wheels for multiple use was a plus. Only thing missing was a personal safe which was surprising.
Wanting something different for dinner, we visited the congierge. He suggested a fabulous restaurant and arranged the van to transport us. Upon hearing we hadn't received extra glasses from housekeeping yet, he went to get them for us and then offered to send a bottle of wine to our room. When it came, it was accompanied by a plate of brie and small box of crackers.
The pool is off the fabulous gym and surrounded by parking. The interior courtyard would have been a perfect location for the pool.
Valet parking is available, but lots of hotel free spots, too.
The last night we ordered room service since we shopped til we dropped. Dinners arrived promptly and EVERYTHING was still hot and excellent!
Management is on top of running this hotel. Only unfavorable comment is when stopping back at our room to drop off shopping bags at 2:30 in the afternoon, our room had not been attended to. Mentioned to desk when leaving and before we left lobby, she was on the phone with housekeeping to make sure our room was cleaned promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for end of hall room since other guests can be very loud late at night and sound comes through d...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Girl's Shopping Weekend and found the staff, service and amenities at our hotel to be top notch. We take great pride in our staff and the services they provide to our guests. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great Reinassance hotel, it is fairly new so everything is in good shape and modern. The hotel itself is a little generic so I doesn't have much uniquness. The location is very convenient to the airport and Downtown Tampa adn since is right in the international Plazza mall my girlfriend was entretained all day while I was away working... There are also plenty of good restaurants and bars (Blue Martini one of my favorite bars is just steps away from the hotel. The concierge lounge had a good selection for both breakfast and afternoon food presentations. I will definetely come back to this hotel and recomend!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I traveled to this hotel in June 2011 for business. The lobby/hotel bar area is nice. Never saw the pool or the restaurant. The rooms were also very nice. Now the issues-the hotel advertises a free shuttle service from Tampa International Airport. My flights were significantly delayed. I called the hotel to verify the length of time the shuttle service ran. I was told the service ran until 1am and that all I needed to do was call when I landed. I landed at 12:40am and immediately called the hotel. At which point I was told the shuttle service had ended but if I grabbed a taxi they would pay. I did and they did not. So was not happy about that. Next issue-according to the express breakfast card if I put my card about by 2am-breakfast would be delivered to my room at my requested time. It was not. Overall-a very lovely property, but definitely has some service issues.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Stenhousemuir, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here on the last night of our vacation (11th June) and found it to be absolutely perfect. The hotel was very busy due to the Gold Cup being at the Raymond James Stadium. Some of the officials and several fans were staying at the hotel, even though it was busy every single staff member we encountered provided excellent friendly service.

We found it really handy for good bars and restaurants and for shopping at International Plaza, all are right outside the hotel. The rooms are a good size and well laid out with small fridge and safe. We ordered room service Pizza which was excellent and delivered within 15 minutes.

We will definitely stay here again and cannot praise the staff highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high floor with courtyard view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The room and bathroom are standard hotel size, clean and have all the normal amenities you would expect from a mid-range hotel. The website mentioned iPod docks in each room but we could not locate the iPod dock in our room specifically.

We were allowed to check in early as I requested. We planned on lounging poolside until the evenings festivites at International Plaza were to begin but the pool was in really bad shape. LOTS of dead bugs and other debris in the water. I couldn't tell when the last time the pool was actually skimmed and/or cleaned. I let the front desk know and we opted to hit the hotel bar instead.

The bar is small but the bartender was friendly and on top of the orders we placed. It's expensive but aren't all hotel bars for the most part. $96 (including tup) for 5 drinks, a basic cheeseburger and a sampler platter of appetizers.

After returning from International Plaza's bar area in the wee hours, we ordered room service which was prompt and friendly. All staff we interacted with during our brief stay was very pleasant and helpful.

The hotel would be perfect for a mom and daughter shopping weekend.

Besides the pool being extremely dirty, the only other issue I had was getting charged triple for valet parking. With a quick call to customer service, I was refunded the charges for the additional 2 charges.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was probably my fourth stay at this hotel over the past 3 years and I will always stay here when in Tampa. It's convenient to the airport (super close) and about 15 - 20 minutes from downtown Tampa and it's right next to a fancy mall. It's a beautiful colorful hotel done in the Mediterranean style with dark blues , golds and reds. Recently redecorated lobby is super comfy and inviting. The rooms are pretty luxe and spotless. Great coffee and coffeemakers in the rooms. The accessible rooms are huge- perfect for a disabled person and another guest. Super shower, plush towels,

My favorite part of this hotel is the restaurant- Pellagia. It's really great. Try the salads and the grilled vegetables (amazing) and the gelato is fabulous and the espresso, too. The staff is very friendly and restaurant staff very accommodating to special diets. I'm on a gluten free diet and the restaurant was SO nice and serve me delicious food. I'm kind of a foodie, so if the food wasn't good I would say so, trust me.

Hotel is always quiet, too, even though there is usually one or more conferences of some type going on there.

Room Tip: Try the restaurant, Pellagia- buon appetito!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Inverness, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is one of the better ones that I have stayed at. The hotel is attached to the International Plaza. It is close to the Tampa Airport and Raymond James Stadium. My room was tastefully decorated and the bed was very comfortable.The staff was friendly. There is a food bar on the lobby level which serves a light breakfast at a reasonable rate. I was in town for a weekend family gathering which included a function in the banquet hall. With a lot of free time on Saturday morning and early afternoon, I spent some quality time in the mall. All in all, a very pleasant weekend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family