“Fun bachelorette party destination!” 4 of 5 stars

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5223 N. Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #37 of 159 hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“Fun bachelorette party destination!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We booked the Hard Rock for a bachelorette party with 5 girls. It was a really fun location for a bachelorette. The room service and luggage attendants were SO NICE and helpful with all of our bags. We hung a bachelorette sign and one of the attendants found tape and helped us take pics of in the room. We had dinner at Council Oak and the staff was so accommodating. We booked some spa treatments for the bride and hung out in the spa room, which was really nice to recover from the night before. I wish that the spa was a little bigger, because getting 5 girls together was a little loud for the other spa-goers. We had only one issue - we booked the room for 4 people, and a 5th joined us for the party. Of course the 5th girl decided to stay in the room b/c we had all been drinking and the security guard gave us major attitude going up the room with 5 people, which is against hotel policy. We weren't being ridiculous, we were just tired and it was 3AM. It was no time to argue and I felt like he was pulling some power trip, and not treating us like guests who had just spent a lot of money at the hotel. Although he was just doing his job. But this is the HARD ROCK! I would expect them to be a little more amenable to parties.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010 via mobile

It seems in these reviews that everyone is griping about the slots...guess what, slots are money machines! They take your money. Who cares if there isnt any regulation, if you want to keep your money, don't play them. They are no worse than the ones in Vegas. It's hit or miss. I put $10 in a 2 cent machine while my wife was using the restroom and won $120. The lady next to me complained because she has been sitting at the machine next to mine for an hour and didn't win a thing.

The card games there are great. They use a shuffle machine on the cheap tables ($10-$15 min) but that's not bad. My wife and I walked out of there with $850 extra dollars from playing blackjack. I live nearby and go about once a month and it's hit or miss on winning. If the cards are hot, then they are hot!! My only complaint would be that some of the dealers could be a little more friendly. Most are nice though

The food is also very good. We ate at council oak for our anniversary and it was delicious. They gave us free champagne and dessert for our anniversary. It was nice, but a little pricey. The buffet isn't great for the price, but I eat there when they give me comps!!

All in all, it's a great place to visit if you don't feel like flying to biloxi or shreveport for the weekend. You can definatley have a lot of fun there!

• Stayed September 2010
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

As others have already mentioned...there was enough smoke in the casino to run off the fire department but I kinda expected that. I drove almost 2 hours from Orlando on a Friday night, arrived at 8:15pm and by 8:45pm I had lost nearly $300 in the slots with virtually nothing received back in payouts??? After sinking nearly $50 in the nickel slots I won $23 on a spin and then did not win again until I was out of money. I tried the dollar slots...$100 in...no wins...I kid you not...not even a cherry, totally unacceptable!!! Tried the $5 slots thinking they would be a bit loser since I was having to spend so much for each spin...$150 in...$0 paid out....I was qute shocked that they don't allow their customers to win anything back and now that I know the casino is unregulated I know how they are able to rip off customers. I would say stay away and do not waste your time especially if you live in orlando....nearly 4 hours of drive time for 30 minutes of play where I felt like I just walked into the bathroom and flushed my money. They sent me free play coupons for this weekend....guess what, it's not even worth my time to play for free as when I run through that in 10 minutes with no wins I still have 4 hours of driving invested unless I am dumb enough to start spending more of my hard earned money. State of Florida has sold it's soul to the devil and now allow them to just do what ever they please to make a buck. Go to Atlantic city or Vegas..heck even playing on line your odds are better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
North Port, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Do not open the pint of water on the table $5.00 .Do not pick up a beer from the fridge and place it back you buy it when you pick it up and place it back whats that???? $ 315 Plus parking very small room out dated room with sandpaper sheets . This place is a very chhep poor imatation of las vegas you boys at hard rock tampa have a lot to learn abot return customersyou have to give us something for the bucks . YOU DONT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAKE BEER OR WINE FOOD OR DRINK TO THERE ROOM IF IT WASNOT BOUGHT THERE. BRING YOUR DOG BUT YOU CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY WHERE AND DONOT LEAVE HIM IN THE ROOM.YOU PEOPLE NEED TO JOIN THE 21 CENTURY

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I were raised 1 hour from Vegas and have enjoyed frequenting casinos there. We are in the Tampa area for work & decided to go to the Hard Rock for my birthday. The room rates were 250 for a normal room on a MONDAY night (HUGE RIP OFF. You can stay in a 5 star in Vegas on a weekend for a little more then this, fyi). We booked a room about 3 miles from the Hard Rock for a fourth of the price. The hotel interior itself is nice, decor, typical hard rock decor (band memorbila, famous quotes, live band playing). We were going to play 21 but the table minimums started at $15.00 (insane, used to 2-5-even 10$ minimum!) We decided just to play the slots and get drunk off the casino drinks (free, right? WRONG) We ordered our drinks from the cocktail waitress, when she brought them back she told us it was $19.00! For watered down, casino floor sized drinks? Seriously, for what your going to spend here (room,tables,slots and alcohol) you could fly to Vegas and spend the same amount! I am not joking, do the math! Needless to say, we didn't put anymore money in those machines, drank our watered down alcohol free drinks and got out! Putting your money in the toliet and flushing it would be a more enjoyable experience in money loss.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

The hotel is always a pleasant experience. The rooms are clean and very well appointed.
The casino on the other hand is a joke. They give nothing back to their customers, and I mean NOTHING! I have been going back every couple of months for over a year now and their slots just keep paying out less and less. I know they have to make a profit, but they won't make it off of me from now on. I have been going to the casino for over 5 years and I can remember a time when they paid out occasionally, but not anymore. Too bad they can't be regulated to some degree.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

First casino I ever went to that charges for drinks. They give less than ever and the only good thing about it is that once a month you get a decent meal provided you lose enough money. Now that Florida sold out to the Indians to cover its 3.5 billion dollar deficit, there can be no casinos for five years which means they have no competition and thereby can suck all our money. Gone are the days when you hear royal flushes or aces with a kicker and seldom four of a kind. They have really gone crazy and people still go hoping and hoping and going home broke. To heck with the big promotions that only a few can benefit from. Half the machines are defective and are not being fixed. Anything going for that casino has long gone. We still go once a week if not more which proves that a sucker is born every minute..

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!